Honda owners - Warranty question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think this kind of nonsense is unique or even concentrated with any particular brand. Personally, I've had very good experience with Honda dealers (sales and service). I'm sure there are ones that are lousy too. Subaru - one great dealer, one terrible. Same with Toyota.

Sadly, I'm not surprised at the lack of response from Honda. Unfortunately, that's the way of the corporate world. They typically give the "dealers are independent businesses" line. BUT - when it would ever come down to a dealer actually denying a warranty claim without justification and backing from corporate, I think (hope?) they'd be more help. More than likely - the dealer wouldn't even try it. They're slimy but they're not stupid and they know its a losing hand.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Experiences like yours (and mine) just go into our bag of tools for later on...and probably much to the chagrin of the vehicle manufacturer represented, we make future purchase decisions based on that as well...

For all the money and effort that these and all companies put into getting people to buy their products, it behooves me that they still cannot get these simple concepts into their heads!

Personally, If they had to remove the VC and part of the valvetrain for this repair, I'd do an OC right away - who know what got into the oil, or how mich silicon will leach into the oil....but that's just me.

Well, the dealer called me this morning, and called again in the afternoon when I was free. I spoke with two managers, one of them being the service manager. They both apologized very nicely, said that their person had mis-spoken about the warranty, and that he was trying to make sure I could press "goodwill" further if need be. They took the time to address my concerns, and asked for any additional feedback I had. It was a good long chat with both managers, and I feel my concerns were adequately addressed in a very timely manner.

So, this dealer has proven themselves to be better than the other Honda dealers in the area for customer service, and one of the best dealers I've dealt with.

Kudos to them for addressing my complaint in a timely, pleasant manner.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
Well, the dealer called me this morning, and called again in the afternoon when I was free. I spoke with two managers, one of them being the service manager. They both apologized very nicely, said that their person had mis-spoken about the warranty, and that he was trying to make sure I could press "goodwill" further if need be. They took the time to address my concerns, and asked for any additional feedback I had. It was a good long chat with both managers, and I feel my concerns were adequately addressed in a very timely manner.

So, this dealer has proven themselves to be better than the other Honda dealers in the area for customer service, and one of the best dealers I've dealt with.

Kudos to them for addressing my complaint in a timely, pleasant manner.

Sounds like they heard from above. Good for Honda. The good thing is they're probably less likely to repeat their "mis-speak".

Nah, the dealer did that on their own. I got another call from American Honda today, and a call from the dealership several hours later when the heard from above. I told the Honda people the dealer took care of me, and everything was resolved. I told the dealer what I told the Honda people, and that everything was resolved according to me.

It looks it was a mistake, and hopefully won't be repeated. Seeing how proactive this dealer is about customer service complaints, I'm hoping it won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back