Honda Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting ready to change oil on my 2008 CR-V. Was planing on using Honda filters. Heard that they are still made by Honeywell. How is the quality on the current filters? Are there other Honda filters that will fit?

Yes, they're still being made by Honeywell. The A01's were made by Filtech (a subsidiary of Toyo-Roki) and were fantastic filters. I know a few people who use the A02's and they've been used on my car many times without an issue by the previous owner, so I wouldn't worry too much about using them. I personally think they're overpriced for being a Honda-badged Fram though. I know someone who can get the A01's from the dealership he works at for a relatively low price, so I just use A01's and HAMP's when I use OEM. I also use Napa Gold, Amsoil and Supertech filters on my car. In my stash I also have assorted Purolators (PureONE, Proline, and Premium Plus) that I won't hesitate to run either.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
I know someone who can get the A01's from the dealership he works at for a relatively low price, so I just use A01's and HAMP's when I use OEM.

Are the A01s still generally available? What is a HAMP? I have an '08 Accord 4 cyl getting near its' first oil change.

Thanks...Tom R

HAMP stands for "Honda After Market Products", and only the best gets into the HAMP line.

HAMP is normally available from Honda dealers throughout domestic Japan, and you can find/get some through ePrey sellers alike.

Is it the best? I guess so. I have Derek128 working on his round of HAMP. As for myself, I'm using a Tokyo Roki's HAMP on my 07 fit right now. That baby weighs a lot (thicker steel gauge) and with silicone ADBV, I think money is very well spent.

If you want to find out more about your vehicle's HAMP filter, you need to reference to your engine block type and go to their site (do a Yahoo!Japan search for HAMP filter). Mine is an ED3 block so I know.

Q.

Originally Posted By: dwendt44
Made by Fram to Honda specifications.
Not an off-the-shelf Fram.

Good point. They are probably a little different and hopefully dont have the glue and cardboard internals.

Well thats a good thing to know, for us at least. The average consumer uses a regular orange fram anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back