Honda Hydrostatic - HRX217, ~320 Hours (Factory Fill)

HRX217_320T.jpg

Hours are approximate and probably conservative.

On new non filtered lawn mowers (Honda). I dump on the first lawn done, the fourth lawn done and the eighth lawn done, Then it gets change once a year. There, is less then 2 Qts of oil.

I have a 2011 Honda HRC mower and the wife loves it. I have changed the trans oil several times and I always wonder if there is better oil hydro oil than the than the Honda oil . The oil looks like a Xw-40 or 50 [hydraulic oil].

Last edited:
On new non filtered lawn mowers (Honda). I dump on the first lawn done, the fourth lawn done and the eighth lawn done, Then it gets change once a year. There, is less then 2 Qts of oil.

The transmission? How are you dumping and filling the transmission after 4 lawns? There is a lot less than 2 Qts of oil.

I have a 2011 Honda HRC mower and the wife loves it. I have changed the trans oil several times and I always wonder if there is better oil hydro oil than the than the Honda oil . The oil looks like a Xw-40 or 50 [hydraulic oil].

There might be a "better" oil.

I just changed the HRC hydro stat oil. The wife cuts the lawn every 4 days and the laws is 15,000 sq. feet and it takes her about 2 hours per cutting from April to November. I calculated the approximate hours to be 105 hours during the season and the oil looks dark grey/ black after one season.

Back