Highway conditions in the Midwest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the day when my wife and I did festivals & shows, we traveled pulling one of those that I put a plywood box on and it was loaded much heavier that 800 lbs. Towes it all over the midwest for close to 20 years, did have to replace the wheel bearings once tho.

Highways are decent in NH. Maybe our tolls help fund the maintenance?

I don't recall any tolls in the mid west but that maybe changed.

Midwest toll roads (may have missed some):

Kansas Turnpike
Oklahoma Toll Roads
Illinois Tollways
Indiana Toll Road Concession Company, LLC
Ohio Turnpike Commission

Fort Wayne's don't seem too bad.
21.gif

I used to live on a dirt road. That was a bad road.

Just don't drive up into Manitoba Canada! Hate to say everything is failing apart in the US of A just not the roads. Could be I'm more observant that I should be. We've put around 25k on our RV in 3 years and tend to explore. Ehh just throw it away who cares!

Originally Posted By: JayhawkRoy
Midwest toll roads (may have missed some):

Kansas Turnpike
Oklahoma Toll Roads
Illinois Tollways
Indiana Toll Road Concession Company, LLC
Ohio Turnpike Commission

yes, the Ohio Turnpike.. the ONLY toll road in ohio. and joins up to the Pennsylvania Turnpike, and Indiana toll road at the borders. Comprised of parts of interstates 76, 80,& 90. mainly funds itself.
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_Turnpike :
"In April 2008, governor Ted Strickland and legislative leaders announced a planned stimulus package that would redistribute Turnpike tolls to road projects throughout the state. On May 23, the Ohio Senate Finance Committee voted to pass a new version of the package which would not involve tolls collected."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back