High Copper in O/A 6.0 PSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took my first sample on my '03 6.0 PSD at 24,000 miles. I bought it new and have till 6-18-2010 Ford warranty left. I have been running Rotella 5-40W Synthetic 2,600 mile on sample before I was to try the Rev-X. After adding the Rev-X I noticed that the turbo was Spooling up quicker and getting higher PSI. So far from another forum many have said it could be the turbo.

From Blackstone
The high copper and lead readings would initially suggest a serious problem developing in the bearings, but these levels of metal also tend to turn up when Restore additive has been used. If that is not the case here then this 6.0L may need some attention. All other wear metals read right around universal averages, which are based on an oil run of about 5,200 miles. The oil's viscosity was quite low for 5W/40, reading more in the 10W/30 range. No fuel was present, and the TBN read strong at 7.3, showing lots of active additive left. Let us know on the Restore.

No Restore has been added.
ff8a46ec.jpg

Can you give us and indication of why you added rev-x?

Their FAQ's are a little "thin"

Quote:

Q – Can I use REV-X with synthetic oil?

A – Yes! REV-X Makes any oil better.

This sample was before the Rev-X was added. Rev-X has been helpful with the Injector Problems on cold starts on the Ford 6.0 PSD. I had planed on taking the info from the Sample as to how much longer I could run the Oil Change the re-sample with the Rev-X.

Wonder if Hot Shot's Secret would turn in those number like Rev-X. HSS claims to have been developed specifically for the PSD. Would be an interesting comparison.

If you want to know if you have a problem, stop using additives; they only cloud the picture.

Run some short OCI flush cycles, then go back to your normal OCI and oil. Then take a UOA and see what happens.

I'm not saying you do or do not have a problem. I'm not saying the RevX is a contributing factor. I'm saying you have too many inputs to control; reduce your variability and see what results.

dnewton3.....The Rev-X Was added AFTER the Oil Test. Need a few more miles and I will be sending in another Test to check what difference the Rev-X made. I was wondering if the way I took the sample by running a tube down into the oil pan if the tube may have run along the bottom of the pan and picked up something on the bottom of the pan. I will take the next sample as described by Blackstone while the oil is draining.

TiredTrucker....I have read where many have tried the Hot Shot's Secret and had no improvements with the PSD. I have only seen one person say that Rev-X did not continue to work for him. It did help when first added, but some of the other readers of the post had noted that this guy had been having problems with injectors and later had to replace some.

Rev-X Works on the 6.0 PSD for cold start issues. I am not saying it will fix any real injector problems. But I will say that if you have a 6.0 and it runs good after it has warmed up but has a hard time getting up to temp, Then give Rev-X a try. A lot cheaper than just a diagnostic cost to have you injectors checked.

OK, so the Rev-X was not in the first UOA, but will be in this upcoming one?

post it up and we'll review when it comes in.

It will be very helpful to know what is specifically in the Rev-X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back