Hi all, new here and was wondering......

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do any of ya know about Triax Fleet Supreme ESP 5W-40 API CK-4 Full Synthetic Diesel Engine Oil? Do any of you use it and if so, what have ya found, both good or bad?
Thanks

Welcome !

I don't know the brand, a quick google brought me to their web site, they make a 5W30 car oil (PCMO) called Synergy SRT 5W30 full synthetic, with GM dexos1-gen2 written on the front label. Yet the GM dexos web site does not list Triax as a supplier or approved brand. The back label say dexos "applications", and doesn't list their dexos license number.

Sorry, that makes them sound a bit deceitful to me.

However they are listed on the API web site, here

But I couldn't find the 5W40 CK-4 oil you were asking about (but I didn't look too hard).

Just FYI there are many posts and several threads on here about Triax products. They like to obfuscate what licenses or certifications their oils have or do not have. Someone's post here about what they have "found" isn't much of a substitute for documented performance.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not all that interested in the weight or grade as I am about the brand and how it may be working for any of ya in your Diesel vehicles.

Just FYI there are many posts and several threads on here about Triax products. They like to obfuscate what licenses or certifications their oils have or do not have. Someone's post here about what they have "found" isn't much of a substitute for documented performance.
Is there a way to find such posts ie a keyword I could use in the search function?

Going with the majors. Shell Mobil, Chevron, Castrol, Valvoline etc the top tier of the producers will pretty much insure a quality product with out much extra effort.

Are you located in the USA? What truck do you plan on using it with? Ford has a list of approved oils for PSD engines. Its a pretty large list and easy to find oil. If I had a Ford PSD I would use an oil on their approved list. (I do and I do).

I agree, go with a major oil company like mentioned by wpod or obviously Motorcraft oil for a Ford PSD engine.

If outside the USA then your choices may be more limited or different.

I used it in my 7.3 for a 5k mile run and got a UOA. It was no better, as I suspected, than conventional 15w-40 MC Diesel oil. The other sucky thing is that it is not always available and it is pricey.

There's that word again. Seems a popular one to reuse over and over.

Documented performance has shown it not be any better than any other diesel oil.

"Obfuscate" Just like VALVOLENE and REDLINE, darlings on BITOG.
"Recommended for". They don't claim to have endorsements that they do not. That's in the narrow minds of comprehension challenged members here who twist facts to show how smart they are (and promote one particular brand).
I've used Triax by the 55gallon drum full in mil vehicles. Desert to deep freeze, it met the mil-spec or it wouldn't have been supplied to us.

A catalog that shows actual approvals and licensing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.triaxlubricants.com/files/catalog/11_TRIAX_US_MASTER_CATALOG_Letter_-_2021.pdf

:eek::oops:o_O😅😂🤣🧐🥰🤬☠️👽👾🤟

Last edited:
"Obfuscate" Just like VALVOLENE and REDLINE, darlings on BITOG.
"Recommended for". They don't claim to have endorsements that they do not. That's in the narrow minds of comprehension challenged members here who twist facts to show how smart they are (and promote one particular brand).
I've used Triax by the 55gallon drum full in mil vehicles. Desert to deep freeze, it met the mil-spec or it wouldn't have been supplied to us.

:eek::oops:o_O😅😂🤣🧐🥰🤬☠️👽👾🤟
"Valvoline" and "Red Line".

Obfuscation is one thing when it is making it not entirely clear what approvals and licenses it actually does have, Valvoline licenses and approvals can be verified against the manufacturer lists and the API EOLCS. Red Line is clear that they do not have licenses or approvals on their high performance product, and they actually do have licenses and approvals on their Professional Series.

But you see, the problem is reversed with Triax and several other unethical blenders in that they try to make the unsuspecting consumer believe they have licenses and approvals they do not actually have. It's worse than that really since for at least one product they paint with such a wide brush that they list approvals that are mutually exclusive. That's just the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

The rest of your post is basically a testimonial which although technically useless is pretty much all that's left when a product doesn't have any verifiable performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back