HFCS is poison

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not the plastic that contains the fluoride, it's the water, depending on which one you buy: Poland Spring® Brand Natural Spring Water with Added Fluoride contains up to 0.8 mg/l of fluoride

It's not the plastic that contains the fluoride, it's the water to which fluoride has been added, depending on which one you buy: Poland Spring® Brand Natural Spring Water with Added Fluoride contains up to 0.8 mg/l of fluoride

Any references to fluoridation are absent from labels of Poland Spring water I have. Guess I'm safe from that scourge.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
You can send the $1 in email.

Done
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Be wary of foods that need to be sold to you harder than the Amsoil dude at the county fair.

The one commercial, the mom-chick should have been able to rattle off at least 3 negatives....we the people can be so dumb.....thou who wins the ad war has the best product??? I don't THINK so!

Name those negatives (in game show voice)

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
HFCS pure khrap. I lose weight when I stay away from anything with HFCS in it, white bread and salty/greasy foods.

I wonder how much better Heinz Ketchup would taste if they used real sugar rather than HFCS.

Coke/Pepsi in a bottle is fantastic compared the HFCS U.S. version of "Coke". Just doesn't taste the same.

Whenever we are in Canada we pick up a number of products including Heinz Ketchup, (and Coke) which is made with sugar and much better than the [censored] we have in NY. I believe they are not allowed to use HFCS in most food products in Canada. Can anyone verify this? You shouldsee the looks I get a US Customs when I declare 6 bottles of Ketchup!

You can buy ketchup that does not contain any sugar and chemical additives in the US. Even Trader Joe offers an inexpensive (ca $1.79 for a bottle) organic ketchup under their own label.

Canada definitely does allow HFCS in food, including ketchup and Coke. Maybe you have a special source.

He's got a ketchup source!

lain, PS water is a bit "different" than what you might think...

http://www.wwdmag.com/Nestle-Sued-for-Falsely-Advertising-Poland-Spring-Water--NewsPiece5167

This is what is "deep in the forests of Maine"

Quote:

One of Poland Spring's sources, Garden Spring, taps into a common aquifer underneath a gravel pit eight miles away from the site of Poland Spring. According to the complaint, the well is not located deep in the woods of Maine as Nestle advertises, but in a parking lot along the side of a road used by hundreds of trucks and cars daily.

According to the complaint, hydro-geologists hired by Nestle found that another current source for Poland Spring water near the original site stands over a former trash and refuse dump, and below an illegal disposal site where human sewage was sprayed as fertilizer for many years. The suit argues similar contamination problems were found with other sources of Poland Spring.

After Nestle dramatically increased Poland Spring production during the mid to late 1990s, consumers filed a rash of complaints against Poland Spring water, which Massachusetts and Rhode Island regulators determined was due to bacterial contamination, the complaint states.

Nestle now subjects all water bottled at the Poland Spring plant to an extensive treatment program including ozonation, carbon tower filtration and UV light treatment.

Trying to find the outcome of this...

Last edited:
Wow, human waste and a garbage dump.

At least they're heavily treating it now.

"deep in the woods of Maine" indeed...

Originally Posted By: Vilan
Canada definitely does allow HFCS in food, including ketchup and Coke. Maybe you have a special source.

He's got a ketchup source!

No specal source, just any supermarket I came across, usually the "No Frills" store in St Catherines (close to the Beer Store, which is usually the primary target!) The Heinz and other sauces all use "liquid sugar" or just sugar as sweetner. It makes a big difference in taste. Maybe its an Ontario thing, but I am sure the companies are not using more expensive ingredients than their counterparts because they are worried about our health.
In any case I am happy it is available.

I ate some spice drops candies at work - yecccch. I knew instantly they had HFCS….it's an odd thing, after going HFCS free for awhile the supposed sweet only sweetener has a rank flavor and regular cane sugar just tastes too sweet.

SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!

I don't like foods with alot of Omega 6 in them. Too much of that can lead to mental instability. Eat more fish, Omega 3 keeps you sane.

HFCS tastes so bad! Some well-intentioned friends bought me a cake from Wal-Mart loaded with all sorts of artificial flavors and lots of HFCS. I choked down a piece, then it sat in my fridge for a week before it was thrown away.

Everything with HFCS in it tastes much too sweet. Not to mention it gives me a headache every time I have some, so I avoid it like the plague.

Sugar-sweetened products taste a lot better, and I reason are better for me because my body is adapted to deal with that ratio of fructose to glucose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back