Help me pick a new car

Didn't see that coming at all. Has the Acura been disappointing since day one? Would an EV work for you without much adjustment or range anxiety?

The Polestar is a great looking car, are there many dealers in greater Phx?

Wow - Sorry to hear about the quality issues with your ‘23 Acura.
I’d go with the Lexus or Grand Cherokee.

Maybe needing more space for the kids…. ?

I agree 100% with getting a Lexus, very high level of quality and reliability. (y)

Off your list id Go with the Maverick or the Wrangler.

The Maverick might be hard to get a deal on / find what you want. At least in my area Wrangler inventory is much better.

No one can pick a car for you. Make your list, go drive each one, more than once if needed and do some research on the vehicle. Buy what you like and pray you don't get a lemon. I do know that my son in law has a Grand Wagoneer which has spent way to much time in the shop getting the bugs worked out. My daughter has a Cadillac XT 6 and same thing for her. Nothing wrong mechanically but lots of rattles. No such thing as a perfect car especially once the honeymoon period is over.

I'd say you drive too little to get the value of the 4Xe. Unless you can find some heavy discounts, I saw bunch of used ones at Courtesy Jeep off Power Rd.

Cadillac would be my first choice but wondering if it would depreciate heavily.

Tonight wasn't good, one of the washing machine hoses decided to spring a leak despite only being two years old, so dealing with that involved a trip to Home Depot. On the way back the infotainment system in the Integra decided to have one of it's usual meltdowns where it takes 10 minutes to boot. In the meantime, every rattle this car exhibits also decided to make an appearance. B pillar right by your ear, A pillar. At that point I decided I hate this car and I want it out of my life. Other than lousy build quality, the ride height is way too low for my taste. My short list for you to critique -

Buick Envision - had a rental I loved
Polestar 2 - had a rental I loved
Lexus ES350 - I've never driven but seems like a good value
Ford Maverick - I've never driven but seems like a good value
Grand Cherokee 4Xe - I've rented the gas version and loved it. Electric range is perfect for the short drives we take
Wrangler 4Xe - I've rented the gas version and loved it. Electric range is perfect for the short drives we take
Lets see from a deal structure:

4xe great lease candidates, heavy discounts from all directions. I wouldnt go for a buy, unless you plan to keep this thing long term and are fine with stellantis electronics

Lexus es350 excellent luxury appliance that very few want since not an suv. Great finance and lease couple with huge dealer contributions to move metal

Maverick depends on location to buy. Rural dealers believe this is the best vehicle since sliced bread.

Polestar 2, volvo cant get rid of them quick enough. Excellent deals on a lease. Infotainment is a pita.

have no idea buick still made cars.

Last edited:
My problem with new cars is I keep them for a longgggg time (8-10 years is the norm). Parts availability becomes a problem. I currently have a 12 year old 300C which has been one of the most enjoyable and reliable cars I’ve ever owned. Currently at 170k miles and the only suspension item ever replaced are the front sway bar bushings. I live in New England so this isn’t a smooth boulevard area.….the sway bar links are still tight!!!
It still rides and handles superb, friends cannot believe how nice this car runs. Other than some horsepower enhancements the only failures have been a water pump, a HVAC recirc motor, a key fob and the heated cup holder.
I’m keeping it. The production run of the second gen LX ran from 2011 to 2023 so there will be no shortage of used parts for quite a while.…..and I still love driving it today.

My suggestion? Just go with something you cannot wait to get into and drive everyday.

Get an ES350; I doubt you'd be disappointed. Smooth, quiet, reasonable power, runs on regular gas instead of high-test, incredibly reliable .... what's not to like?
It will drive exceptionally well. Just one caveat; don't expect it to be a car worthy of any manner of spirited handling shenanigans - that's not what it's made for.

I'd recommend getting one soon, before they convert over to a turbo 4-cyl like they did for the RX350 ...

I got mine back in June of this year. I absolutely love it!

I'd say you drive too little to get the value of the 4Xe. Unless you can find some heavy discounts, I saw bunch of used ones at Courtesy Jeep off Power Rd.

Cadillac would be my first choice but wondering if it would depreciate heavily.
You can get one for low $40’s now.

I absolutely love my Wrangler 4xe; I drove a Grand Cherokee but I liked the Wrangler a lot more. My wife -bless her heart- felt the same way. My work commute is a 24 mile round trip and my fuel economy ranges from 50 to 100 mpg. I plug it in to a 110V outlet every night and it’s fully charged inside of 12 hours.
My wild card would be the Polestar.
1702747021137.jpeg

Last edited:
I love my GC's, having owned three. They and the X5 are my favourite SUV's. I'd test drive the 4xe and see if you like it. Interior trimmings on the upper level GC's are fantastic. I love my extended leather and everything is soft touch and high quality.

How can a list include a Maverick trucklet and a Lexus sedan?? 😵‍💫

I know, all over the place. I like the idea of a comfortable grandpa car, but a basic small truck is also appealing. Electric also makes a lot of sense, I can charge from home and would love to take advantage of the $7,500 tax rebate.

Tonight wasn't good, one of the washing machine hoses decided to spring a leak despite only being two years old, so dealing with that involved a trip to Home Depot. On the way back the infotainment system in the Integra decided to have one of it's usual meltdowns where it takes 10 minutes to boot. In the meantime, every rattle this car exhibits also decided to make an appearance. B pillar right by your ear, A pillar. At that point I decided I hate this car and I want it out of my life. Other than lousy build quality, the ride height is way too low for my taste. My short list for you to critique -

Buick Envision - had a rental I loved
Polestar 2 - had a rental I loved
Lexus ES350 - I've never driven but seems like a good value
Ford Maverick - I've never driven but seems like a good value
Grand Cherokee 4Xe - I've rented the gas version and loved it. Electric range is perfect for the short drives we take
Wrangler 4Xe - I've rented the gas version and loved it. Electric range is perfect for the short drives we take
Buying a vehicle is like picking a wife. They’re expensive and should be something you want not a suggestion from others. lol. Good luck

Back