Help Diagnosing Sound

08 Camry - Making a womp...womp...womp sound from front tire area. I have a new axle and wheel bearing on front of car. Doesn't shake the whole car but loud enough. No noise when under 10 MPH...or very quiet. Anything to look at before I take the mechanic?

check tire inflation examine, the brake system in particular the pad shields if bent and jack up and see if bearing tension is proper ,struts also check over

I would think brake disks or bearings, but I would start with rotating tires to make sure you don't have a belt failing in a tire. I think that last idea is odd, but it's best to start somewhere instead of throwing parts at the problem.

I put the spare tire on, but still made same sound.

I took brake caliper off and didn't have to move piston. I was just looking for anything that was sticking or uneven wear - cause that
is all I'm cable of, just a weekend mechanic.
Could it be the rotor wearing in to the bracket...see pic below? And why would that be wearing like that?
Also could it be I didn't have to compress the piston to reassemble...wondering maybe if uneven rotor is rubbing up
against piston - with the piston stuck in place.
Again...I'm just a weekend'er who likes to do what I can...and it isn't much so don't kill me on your responses with my
lack of terminology/parts/labling...just looking for some ideas.
brakes.jpg

^^ that caliper grooving doesn't look recent?

I'd expect that to happen if the pads got excessively worn at some point.

Is the rotor also screwed up on that side near the outer circumference?

Does it contact when spun by hand?

Back