Havoline Pro DS Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
This stuff just showed up on the shelf at Fleet Farm. A quick search didn't come up with much discussion about it. 0W-20, 5W-20, 5W-30, and 5W-40. Their price on it was $6.69/quart.

Since I like to be different, when I settled on a 0w-20 choice it was either the Kendall that I'm using, or this. In my neck of the woods, this was a little harder to find, but I was interested in using it.

I know some forum members have previously ordered cases of it online because it's difficult to find. The 0w-20 has been very difficult for people to find, and this is the first I'm even hearing of the 5w-40.

My knee jerk reaction with Chevron/Havoline oils is to trust them. They've continually put out such good quality products that I give them the benefit of the doubt by default. So I wouldn't hesitate to put the 5w-30 or 5w-40 in my car.

Originally Posted By: Urshurak776
Advance Auto regularly has this on sale with a DW Filter for $19.99. You can upgrade the filter for $2 more.

+1

Originally Posted By: Urshurak776
Advance Auto regularly has this on sale with a DW Filter for $19.99. You can upgrade the filter for $2 more.

That deal was for the old product/formula/packaging.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
O'Reilly has 5-qt plus Wix filter on sale for $27 before $10 rebate.

This is a tempting deal for an 0w-20 synthetic. But I wonder if the new Havoline product has a better NOACK. The old stuff had a rating of 13.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz

This is a tempting deal for an 0w-20 synthetic. But I wonder if the new Havoline product has a better NOACK. The old stuff had a rating of 13.

I could be wrong but I believe this is the new stuff. I got in on the deal, $24 plus a $10 rebate (which I have yet to receive, hope they don't screw me on that). It seems this oil is about as good as anything and tests well, and is great bang for the buck, see no reason to pay more. I loaded 3 cars up with 5w20 and 5w30, see how it goes. I like the sleeper oils.

Last edited:

This is a deal! Under $20 for synthetic and filter.. If I didn't have a stash, I would have bought 2 oil changes for the GFs car.

Havoline seems like a great oil, but due to its poor availably across the US, I feel it is highly overlooked.

Did they change the formulation of this from the Deposit Shield full synthetic? I see them on the shelves right next to the old bottles with the same sku. New formulation or a new new label with semi new name, "Pro DS" or simply a new marketing technique with a new and more "appealing" label?

Last edited:
Regarding the sale price at Fleet Farm... the only thing I could base it on would be what they normally do with the conventional 5qt jug.

The normal price is very high - around 20.00. However, when it goes on sale, it normally is at $10.99.

So who knows -- it could be a $4.00/qt oil, if it follows suit.

Been wanting to try this for a little bit now that's a pretty fair price don't even need the filter I have plenty of them so I just got one that qualifies. It's actually not a bad deal

Used this on my truck and the wife's car last change.
As long as they keep throwing decent deals out (Orielly's for me), I'll continue using it.

Also, received my rebate cards within 3 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back