Having trouble remembering how to put things back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how I do it, experience I guess. I take a bolt/screw out of the box I've put them all in and just know where it goes.

But if some don't have to go back (replaced with new or changed part), it can get confusing for a few seconds...

Originally Posted By: Vikas
I am always impressed when somebody takes off lots and lots of stuff have dozens of fasteners thrown in the cowl area and then reassemble it without leaving anything in the cowl. They are mostly 10mm but with different color and different sizes if they are working on a Honda. How do they keep track of which fastener goes where?

Lay them out Left to Right (for example) on disassembly and use them Right to Left on reassembly.

Buy the factory service manual and follow the repair steps.
At the time of re-assembly, reverse the order of assembly.

We recently swapped an engine out for a friend in a van. After a quick phone photo, I simply labeled everything with blue painters tape and a magic marker.

I won't say it was easy as getting a van's motor out is always a bear, but it did start up immediately and run well so at least all the connections were good.

Photos are a great help, as life frequently interrupts you and steals your attention...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back