Has anyone here used Rejex?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I've read about it is that it's a polymere sealer that lasts a long time. I've also read that is has no cleaners or abrasives whatsoever so you need to have the surface absolutely perfect before applying it. People who have used it also say it actually repells dust and dirt. That part really makes this product interesting for me because I have a black motorcycle, and as you know, black shows everything, especially dust. I'm wondering if any of you have used it and if you like it.

I helped a friend use some of it on his GT500. His isn't black or anything. What I particularly remembered about the product is that it takes very little, and goes on buffs off very easily. I wish it were more widely available.

I've used it for years with great results, although it's not readily available locally.
Harry J on this forum has numerous posts on Rejex, and guys on the Porsche forum love it. Do a search and you'll find a lot of info on it. Good stuff.

Depending on the environment you drive in and your vehicle cleaning and maintenance routine, RejeX should be able to shine and bead water for well over a year.

RejeX will "reject" dust, bug splats, brake dust, etc., until the coating starts getting worn through. On a typical 10,000 mile per year daily driver in a dusty, industrial area, I'd estimate 3-6 months depending on how picky you are. If you want bugs a brake dust just to fall off with a water hose blast, it's 3-4 months or so. If you're talking about being able to wipe off but splats mostly with water pressure and being able to get the last few cling-ons off with a wet rag, it's more like 6 months.

Most people who use RejeX end up building up a few layers because it doesn't break down like typical waxes do, so you end up getting a few layers on the vehicle over time. It will last months, not days.

A lot of guys can't seem to wrap their heads around the idea that using RejeX is, in fact, that simple. IMHO, you don't need to complicate matters with fancy applicators or trying to top it off with wax. If you feel compelled to do more work, you'd be better served by just putting on a subsequent coat of RejeX.

grampi,

You also need to be aware of this:

REJEX APPLICATION

RejeX should be applied to a cool (less than 85° F) dry surface out of direct sunlight. If the surface is too hot, the coating will cure before it has properly bonded to the surface, and it won’t perform up to its potential. RejeX is wiped on, allowed to dry to a haze for approximately 20 minutes, wiped off, then allowed to cure for 12 hours.

Curing is required to allow the monomers (polymer building blocks) that make up RejeX to attach to the surface being treated and to polymerize (crosslink) into a crystal-clear, impervious film. It is very important to allow RejeX to cure for 12 hours after the haze has been wiped off. If the coating is exposed to contamination such as oil, fuel, soot, water, cleaners, etc. before it has cured, the contaminants may interfere with the film, preventing the RejeX from achieving it's maximum performance and durability.

For many this is not a problem. It really depends where you live and what type of temperatures you deal with. Where I live there are only about three months of the year when this product could be used to achieve maximum durability. The surface temp of the car/boat is almost always above 85º even at night. I firmly agree with multiple coats as is needed of any true sealant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back