has anybodt delt with this company???????

Status
Not open for further replies.
good afternoon fellas. have any of y'all ever delt with k-var? they handle arsenal ak's. i called them approx 3 months ago and asked if they had a particular rifle and the girl said she had 1 like i wanted and would hold it for me. well, i went to the post office and got a certified money order and sent it to them. heard back from them about 3 wks later and the girl said they were out of this particular rifel and the were expecting a new shipment in a month or so. i told her i would rather get my money back as i was kinda nervous leaving $800 out in cyber space. she said fine and they would cut me a check and it would be on its way. 2 months later no check or rifle. even after repeated attempts to get them it is real spotty. sometimes i can get thwm but most time not. when i do get them i ask what the issue is with sending my money. what is my recourse if this thing goes south? i googled them before i sent the $ and saw plenty of positive reports. but, now i getting a bad feeling.
thanks,
whitearrow

wow. Did you get any documentation, or did you just send them a MO with your name on it? Do you still have the other part of it? You may be able to stop payment, not sure.

You may need to go to where they are and sue them for it in small claims court.

I'd try to send them a notice of request for refund, certified mail, return receipt requested. Id send them a copy of the MO stub and a copy of any info the MO company provided about if it was cashed/when/etc.

Not sure why you would use a MO for a purchase of that magnitude from a company Ive never done business with anyway... Sorry.

yeah i still have the other part of the mo. they are located in las vegas,nv. not sure if they even have a physical store. i think they are an internet thing only. i hope they are just biding there time and are gonna send me a rifle when/if they do in fact ever come in. if i get burned i won't hesitate to join any firearms forums and give them a very negative report. i used the mo so i could have some "insurance" if it got lost in the mail vs cash or a check.
thanks,
whitearrow

Last edited:
You also dont know how much this "company" could steal from you know that they have your routing number and banks name. Friend bout a tech manual from "supposed to be great" company, and they stole like 1000$ out from under him within 2 days!

BE VERY CAREFUL

Adam

p.s. I am not being a smart aleck, just I dont ever buy ANYTHING on line period. I hope you get this situation resolved and I apologize for the above posted statement/s no offense meant and if so send me a pm.

no offense taken silver. how would they have my banks name? i paid the post office cash for the money order. oh well i huess i can just bug the [censored] outta them til something happens. like i sadi i just want the money or a rifle.

A postal money order? First call K VAR and see what they will do then go back to the post office with some documentation of the money order or purchase and see what the post office will/can do.

Kiss that money good bye, I hope I'm wrong.

On a big ticket item like a rifle you must buy it in person at a gun shop or gun show and not over the internet. A $20 widget you can buy on the internet or Ebay..... not an $800 rifle.

A Money Order just guarantees that it will not bounce unlike a personal check for $800 that many businesses don't like. A money order is equal to cold hard cash for any business.

i hope you are wrong to vette. thanks for the confidence though. i went with the postal money order because i thought it was insured if it was stolen,which technically i guess this was. i just know who stole it.they told me at the post office when i bought it that it was insured against theft.

Last edited:
Unless I am a total dumb human being; on some checks it has your banks name on it. Some are in small print on a check also. If yours is like my friends i.e. Company Bank for fictious example; it would be spotted right away, as the address would be on it also. Anyways, money orders do NOT protect against theft 100% of the time from what I have seen.

Your money order wasn't stolen, you mailed it to them.

You should file a police report if you feel that it was stolen and cashed. I hope you get your $800 back.

Do you have a FFL that would allow you to purchase a gun through the mail?If not you were technically trying to commit a crime yourself and may make it even harder to get your money back.If you do not have a license that should have been a red flag that they were willing to ship to you.I would go to post office,then file a report to the BBB.I would then get on every forum that talks about this company and start filling the whole world in on how they are treating you.When they start seeing all the bad press they will pay.And next time use a credit or debit card.

Originally Posted By: Jjones
Do you have a FFL that would allow you to purchase a gun through the mail?If not you were technically trying to commit a crime yourself and may make it even harder to get your money back.If you do not have a license that should have been a red flag that they were willing to ship to you.I would go to post office,then file a report to the BBB.I would then get on every forum that talks about this company and start filling the whole world in on how they are treating you.When they start seeing all the bad press they will pay.And next time use a credit or debit card.

You are 100% wrong. Where in his post does it say he expected the rifle to be shipped to his personal address? If you have ever purchased a firearm from out of state you would know that you send a money order or pay by credit card online/snail mail and the FFL who receives your money ships the rifle/handgun to YOUR FFL as the receiver on your behalf.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Kiss that money good bye, I hope I'm wrong.

On a big ticket item like a rifle you must buy it in person at a gun shop or gun show and not over the internet. A $20 widget you can buy on the internet or Ebay..... not an $800 rifle.

A Money Order just guarantees that it will not bounce unlike a personal check for $800 that many businesses don't like. A money order is equal to cold hard cash for any business.

Don't take this the wrong way, but wow there is some misinformation in this thread. I have purchased dozens of rifles/handguns through places like Gunbroker, Bud's Gun Shop, and other online only merchant FFLs and have NEVER had a problem. In fact, online gun sales are becoming larger than local gun shops. Take a look at the volume Bud's Gun Shop online does. A gun shop online is not going to risk ripping someone off over a rifle and have the customer knock on the door of the BATFE to complain.

Originally Posted By: Vibe_2007

You are 100% wrong. Where in his post does it say he expected the rifle to be shipped to his personal address? If you have ever purchased a firearm from out of state you would know that you send a money order or pay by credit card online/snail mail and the FFL who receives your money ships the rifle/handgun to YOUR FFL as the receiver on your behalf.

Absolutely correct,I just assumed that(wrongly) for some reason(brain [censored]).But I would still do everything else mentioned in my post.If they are a legitimate company they will not like the BBB complaint or the bad press on the different forums.And for the record,I do know the correct process for purchasing a gun.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vibe_2007

Absolutely correct,I just assumed that(wrongly) for some reason(brain [censored]).But I would still do everything else mentioned in my post.If they are a legitimate company they will not like the BBB complaint or the bad press on the different forums.And for the record,I do know the correct process for purchasing a gun.

Head over to www.ar15.com forums and talk to the guys over there. (100,000 member firearm board) K-var is a well known company in the AR/AK community. IIRC, KVar is a sponsor over at the AR15 web site, but check it out.

Last edited:
thanks guys. i will do that as i am a member over at ar15.com. yes, i did send them what ffl to mail the rifle to and he even faxed his ffl license to them but no rifle has shipped. i am more than a little [censored] that this particular person told me that they had 1 more in stock and she said the she would put my name on it. i told her i was headed to the post office for a money order the next day and i did just that. i called and asked her what happened and she had no explanation axcept that their computer must have been wrong but assured me that i would be getting one of the first ones off the new batch that arsenal is manfacturing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back