Harley demand/price curve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't telling you what was legal or anything about your roadway rights, - just suggesting that courtesy goes a long way sometimes.

It was what I would have done, and what most of the riders in our group(s) would do.

We typically ride in mixed groups. Having a stray in the group does garner "looks". Doesn't matter if it's a HD or metric or crotch rocket.

I would do the same if I saw a group of (brand X) cars all lined up and driving together. Just figuring that it's some cohesive group and that they wanted to travel together.

kballowe

When I was talking about pulling up next to another bike at a light, I only do that if we both have our own lane, like on a 4 lane road. Otherwise I won't pull up next to another bike either.

Originally Posted By: grampi
kballowe

When I was talking about pulling up next to another bike at a light, I only do that if we both have our own lane, like on a 4 lane road. Otherwise I won't pull up next to another bike either.

Oh OK. Missed that possibility. Sorry.

Hey kballowe, nice bike BTW! I almost bought a C model VTX before I bought the 109. Which model X do you have? Too bad Honda quit making the X. Hopefully, they'll come out with a replacement model that's even more powerful!

Honda is still making the 1300 VTX but '08 was the last year for the 1800.

I got a leftover '08 1800 N
002-2.jpg

Originally Posted By: kballowe
Honda is still making the 1300 VTX but '08 was the last year for the 1800.

I got a leftover '08 1800 N
002-2.jpg

Sweet! I heard even the 1300 VTX will be out of production soon (or it already is). :0(

Well Honda took that VTX1300 motor and fuel-injected it and put it on that new chopper, complete with shaft drive....

They did away with the VLX600 and the Shadow 1100 and the VTX1800... so now you're left with a 250 rebel, 750 Shadow and a VTX1300 in the cruiser line.

Yamaha has the Star 250, 650, 950, 1100, 1300, Roadstar, Roadstar Warrior, Raider, Roadliner and Stratoliner. Plus the VMax and Royal Star Tour Deluxe and Royal Star Venture. Did I leave anything out?

I really wish that Honda would market more models in the U.S. They have plenty of the in Europe.

Last edited:
Well Honda took that VTX1300 motor and fuel-injected it and put it on that new chopper, complete with shaft drive....

They did away with the VLX600 and the Shadow 1100 and the VTX1800... so now you're left with a 250 rebel, 750 Shadow and a VTX1300 in the cruiser line.

Yamaha has the Star 250, 650, 950, 1100, 1300, Roadstar, Roadstar Warrior, Raider, Roadliner and Stratoliner. Plus the VMax and Royal Star Tour Deluxe and Royal Star Venture. Did I leave anything out?

I really wish that Honda would market more models in the U.S. They have plenty of the in Europe.

I'd like to see more U.S. models as well. What I'd really like to see is a replacement for the 1800VTX with more HP and torque than any other v-twin that comes stock with a 240/250 rear tire. That would be sweet!!!

Ummmm - don't you already have THAT with a M109R ??? hahahahahahaha.....

Yeah, but I've always been partial to Hondas....

Here's the new Honda CB1100
But for sale only in Europe
Note retro chrome fenders.....
2010_Honda-CB1100F.jpg

Very nice. Show and go!

Hey - did some of the posts get deleted?

Nothing like censorship -- makes you glad you live in a country that has free speech?

It's amazing how my (others) posts just disappear if the tone is anything close to negative.

Well they do have some pretty clear rules so maybe I should go back and read them.

Didn't get a warning (yet)

Still, this board is put up and financed by someone else so I don't have a problem with the moderators doing as they see fit.

Exibit "A" (or should I say "F"?) from the rules that we all agreed to when we created our accounts

F. that the owner or his designated agents have the absolute right to remove objectionable content, at any time, if they determine that removal is necessary, appropriate, or otherwise in the best interest of the forum. The owner’s and designated agents’ decisions under this rule shall be made in their sole discretion, and shall not be subject to any form of review outside this forum.

Of course, there's a lot more.

Originally Posted By: boraticus
Here's the new Honda CB1100
But for sale only in Europe
Note retro chrome fenders.....
2010_Honda-CB1100F.jpg

Very nice. Show and go!

It's also a bit of a sportbike - checkout the wheels... and a bit retro.... Take a Yamaha FZ1 and change it up a bit then throw it in a sack with an old CB750 and Viola ! Not quite like the Honda CBs of old but it still reminds me of them.

I mean like - Triumph brought back as faithful a replica as they could of the old Bonneville and I do see some of them running around. Very reliable and vibration-free. They now come with a two year warranty.

This forum has not limited anybody's free speech.

You can still say or type whatever pops into your head, but they are not obligated to let anyone use their forum as a place to share those views.

I like using a house as an analogy. People have free speech, but are not free to come into your home and say whatever they want. You have the right to ask them to leave. You have not taken away their right to free speech in doing so. They can still go out into the public and say what they want.

This forum has invited all of us into their internet home. They have asked us to be respectful of the other people here. I don't know what their thoughts are on why they moderated some posts, but am guessing, and only guessing, they might feel some people are not being shown an acceptable level of respect.

If so, I agree. Thank you mods!

I know I was pretty critical of the mods in other threads because I felt nothing was being done, but I do appreciate their current involvment.

The reading has been alot more enjoyable lately, IMO.

Jeff

Originally Posted By: Jeff_D
This forum has not limited anybody's free speech.

You can still say or type whatever pops into your head, but they are not obligated to let anyone use their forum as a place to share those views.

I like using a house as an analogy. People have free speech, but are not free to come into your home and say whatever they want. You have the right to ask them to leave. You have not taken away their right to free speech in doing so. They can still go out into the public and say what they want.

This forum has invited all of us into their internet home. They have asked us to be respectful of the other people here. I don't know what their thoughts are on why they moderated some posts, but am guessing, and only guessing, they might feel some people are not being shown an acceptable level of respect.

If so, I agree. Thank you mods!

I know I was pretty critical of the mods in other threads because I felt nothing was being done, but I do appreciate their current involvment.

The reading has been alot more enjoyable lately, IMO.

Jeff

LOL! Everyone just loves the self-appointed internet police who just love to regurgitate the "rules" and inform everyone of the private ownership schtick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back