Handheld shower that works?

I needed to look for a new shower head last year after the old one (Waterpik) got clogged up and generally wore out. The spray selection dial, which was never used, was seized up.

I did some research to see if there was anything better, or worth trying, but found that most of the typical big box store stuff was plastic, with mixed reviews.

Wouldn't be surprised if the cheaper lines from even the name brands are farmed out to ODMs, with little to no involvement from the brands themselves.

The one brand that had metal construction (High Sierra) didn't inspire enough confidence to pay their price, looking like a glorified hose nozzle.

During the course of research, noted that Waterpik had a "lifetime" guarantee so I decided to see if that was true.

It was. They first suggested soaking the head, and when that didn't work, submitted a quick video as proof, and they came back with an offer to replace it with a choice of two models to substitute for the discontinued model I had.

Can't say how Waterpik unit compares to the other brands on the market, but they're solid enough to last a few years at least, and the customer service was good, at least, so that's bankable.

Kohler, as well, which sent me an entirely new kitchen faucet, because they didn't offer a bushing as a separate part.

If it were me, I'd prefer they built better quality, repairable stuff to begin with, rather than doing warranty replacements on cheap stuff, but that's how the market seems to have settled, at least for the consumer-grade lines.

I needed to look for a new shower head last year after the old one (Waterpik) got clogged up and generally wore out. The spray selection dial, which was never used, was seized up.

I did some research to see if there was anything better, or worth trying, but found that most of the typical big box store stuff was plastic, with mixed reviews.

Wouldn't be surprised if the cheaper lines from even the name brands are farmed out to ODMs, with little to no involvement from the brands themselves.

The one brand that had metal construction (High Sierra) didn't inspire enough confidence to pay their price, looking like a glorified hose nozzle.

During the course of research, noted that Waterpik had a "lifetime" guarantee so I decided to see if that was true.

It was. They first suggested soaking the head, and when that didn't work, submitted a quick video as proof, and they came back with an offer to replace it with a choice of two models to substitute for the discontinued model I had.

Can't say how Waterpik unit compares to the other brands on the market, but they're solid enough to last a few years at least, and the customer service was good, at least, so that's bankable.

Kohler, as well, which sent me an entirely new kitchen faucet, because they didn't offer a bushing as a separate part.

If it were me, I'd prefer they built better quality, repairable stuff to begin with, rather than doing warranty replacements on cheap stuff, but that's how the market seems to have settled, at least for the consumer-grade lines.
I spoke to Moen, Delta and others trying to get the best Hand Held Shower Head for my particular needs. Guess I am getting old at 61 but they just are not made like they used to be regardless of price. I was totally impressed by the lady from Waterpik and her knowledge of the product. Still plastic but as silly as its sounds the plastic was better and the fit and finish was great. Of course this is all subjective and just my opinion. However as a guy that has tinkered with everything and anything over the years, the wife and I are "Happy Campers" at the moment!

Just replaced mine with a new Waterpik last month and it works great, plenty of pressure without any to modify it.

Back