Gun control/being safe out there....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Christians are having a rough time in lots of places these days, especially in the United States and Iraq.

Our government has accepted every Muslim that has applied for asylum from Iraq. That is 4,800 so far but only 750 Christians from Iraq out of the 10,000 or so that have applied. It's the Christians in Iraq that are being murdered as fast as the Muslims can shoot them.

+1 I'm not paranoid, but stick to your guns men, and buy more ammo one day we or our children are going to need it.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Originally Posted By: Neely97
Originally Posted By: DevilsRule
I don't see a problem with his statement.

I agree.

thumbsup2.gif

According to latest reports , the "shooter" was lining up people and asking if they were Christian. If they answered in the affirmative, they were shot in the head.

What kind of literature was he reading on the Internet? What kind of information was he receiving in school? Was he an anti-Christian Islamist?

Could part of the problem be this:

Putin is sending in troops to protect Christians while our pres. is funding rebels that behead Christians?

Spot on as usual MolaKule

The school was a "gun free zone," so all his targets couldn't do a pesky little thing like shoot back.

I thought the cops would stop stuff like this? To bad they take to long to respond.

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
The school was a "gun free zone," so all his targets couldn't do a pesky little thing like shoot back.

I thought the cops would stop stuff like this? To bad they take to long to respond.

When seconds count help is only minutes away.

I said it in the last thread. Every citizen should be armed and mandatory training implemented with recertification every year or 2.
If everyone is armed you can rest assured fewer citizens will be injured before someone shoots the aggressor.
If a society has the right to bear arms them all adult citizens should be armed.
Gun safety and useage classes in the schools. Have every student taught how to operate firearms responsibly,indoctrinated when young.
An FAC doesn't go far enough in a society where firearms are easily attainable.

And as I've already said you can't legislate crazy. Crazy people will do crazy things with or without guns.
There are more accidents and deaths due to automobiles and it's easy enough to drive a car into a crowd of people.
Gun crime is a symptom,not the disease. Instead of the obvious knee jerk reaction to ban firearms the responsible action to take is education and fix crazy before crazy gets crazy.

I know that some of us have said this before but any 'gun free zone' is a defence free zone, so the people there are easy targets, and what's the use of a 'security guard' that isn't armed?
The police can do their best but in reality how can they respond quick enough in this type of situation, by the time they arrive damage is already done so from there on it's damage limitation.

The one lesson that can be learned from every single one of these shootings is that, force can only be neutralized by force. If a school insists upon being a gun-free zone, especially when it supersedes local law, it assumes liability for the safety of everyone on property. I'd like to see the victims sue the school for failing to protect them after illegally disarming them.

Every school in our country is on notice: you MUST provide for on-site reactionary force whether via hired full time professionals or allowing each individual faculty and student to defend themselves. BTW, it works for our politicians yet many refuse to allow the citizenry the same protection. I wonder why?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Lapham3
If somebody was armed in Oregon it would seem that a fella executing folks might be stopped. Sounds like a terrorist situation, but I guess it's apparently gun control.

You do realize that SEVERAL people in the immediate area where armed, right? It is Roseburg, after all. Please stop with this ridiculous nonsense.

I suggest you learn something about Oregon's actual laws before parroting what your right-wing rags tell you to believe. Again, there is no such thing as a "gun free zone" in Oregon if you had a concealed carry permit. There hasn't been for decades? Seriously, where do you people get this stuff?

Originally Posted By: Lapham3
If somebody was armed in Oregon it would seem that a fella executing folks might be stopped. Sounds like a terrorist situation, but I guess it's apparently gun control.

Gun control is domestic Terrorism. It is against the constitution and the rights of we the people therefore it is domestic terrorism implemented by a power hungry government.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule

thumbsup2.gif

According to latest reports , the "shooter" was lining up people and asking if they were Christian. If they answered in the affirmative, they were shot in the head.

What kind of literature was he reading on the Internet? What kind of information was he receiving in school? Was he an anti-Christian Islamist?

From the new york times: (link)
The profile described Mr. Harper-Mercer as “Not Religious, Not Religious, but Spiritual,” and it said he belonged to a group called “Doesn’t Like Organized Religion.”

So he was self-hating. I wouldn't drag Islam into this.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Christians are having a rough time in lots of places these days, especially in the United States and Iraq.

Yeah, all but one President has been Protestant. Rough going.

There are now some 325 million people in the US. The more people, the more TOTAL violence will occur. I would opine that the violence PER CAPITA has not changed much. So, all this talk about gun control and crazies is because there are more people out there, more violence occurs, and there are (of course) more press reports.

Originally Posted By: JOD

I suggest you learn something about Oregon's actual laws before parroting what your right-wing rags tell you to believe. Again, there is no such thing as a "gun free zone" in Oregon if you had a concealed carry permit. There hasn't been for decades? Seriously, where do you people get this stuff?

Oregon loop holes

"......but each university can set its own policy on whether or not they want to allow firearms. In 2012, after the state legislature failed to pass a bill that would have banned guns on campuses, Oregon’s State Board of Education, which oversees many of the state’s public universities, unanimously approved a policy that bans guns from its campuses, and other institutions followed suit. Additionally, the policy states that anyone who does business with any of the state ......"

To the liberal elites, it's safer and more expedient to ban all guns than it is to fix the crazies! Just trade one constitutional right for another. Gun rights vs. the right of people to be crazy and not have to deal with issues of personal liberty. Once upon a time, persons who were mentally ill (1960's) were all kicked out of mental health facilities (hospitals) because their "rights" were being violated. That was a liberal agenda. So the cure is not to provide mental health care, or commit citizens to care, but put them out on the streets where decades later they can get their hands on guns and shoot people. The elites now have another cure for society's ills--ban guns so both the crazies and "normal citizens" will all be safer! Liberal elites have never been discouraged by their failures.

Originally Posted By: JOD
You do realize that SEVERAL people in the immediate area where armed, right?

The school is a gun-free zone. Even the security guard is unarmed.
The 'people in the immediate area' who were armed were apparently not being targeted/threatened, from what I can gather, and were apparently not on the school campus either. The victims who needed to defend themselves at the time were not armed.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
I said it in the last thread. Every citizen should be armed and mandatory training implemented with recertification every year or 2. If everyone is armed you can rest assured fewer citizens will be injured before someone shoots the aggressor. If a society has the right to bear arms them all adult citizens should be armed.

I respect that opinion - but I also respectfully disagree. While all American adult citizens have that right (unless prohibited by documented mental health or violence issues), not all American adult citizens are willing and able to accept the kind of responsibility that comes with being armed. Some would choose drugs or excess alcohol on a daily basis instead. Some are what I would call 'knuckleheads': people who refuse to take responsibility for their lives or actions and/or tend to escalate situations to violence. Lots of overlap between those two groups, for some reason.
I don't want people's rights revoked further, but I also don't want everyone armed. I'm convinced that there is a number somewhere north of 0% and south of 100% that represents 'enough' armed citizens. One number I've seen puts the minimum around 15-17%. Bonus points if anyone can figure out where I got that number.

I thought the cops would stop stuff like this?

And they did stop it. Eventually. After 9 people were killed.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: expat
There is about as much chance that guns will be removed from the US as Crazy people will be removed/medicated.

Not gonner happen, at least in my lifetime.

These stories are getting old hat, everything that could be said has been said five times.
People will get hot under the collar, and this thread will be locked.

Been there done that.
Sometimes the medications make everything worst.

Originally Posted By: Indydriver

Every school in our country is on notice: you MUST provide for on-site reactionary force whether via hired full time professionals or allowing each individual faculty and student to defend themselves. BTW, it works for our politicians yet many refuse to allow the citizenry the same protection. I wonder why?

Well that's nice to say. But it is a waste of gigantic resources. So maybe 4 students per year have been killed in mass shootings. And it costs how many billions to protect that number of people?

There are thousands of likelier things which will cause deaths. And then should every crowd in the U.S. be provided with this protection?? Mass killings have occurred in many crowd scenarios?

I know I know..what if your kid were killed in a school shooting.

Here is *actual law*: https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/bills_laws/lawsstatutes/2013ors166.html

And "legal or not", it's a moot point--there were several armed people in the nearby vicinity. It didn't help.

Just to be clear, unlike most "liberal elite", I'm not pro gun control. But I'm also anti-stupid, and this belief that more guns will make something like this less likely is just stupid, and I find it appalling that folks on either side of it use this as an issue to push their own agenda--particularly when they blatantly lie about the facts.

The fact is, you can't stop crazy. The most deadly school massacre in the U.S. didn't involve any guns... And not to seem indifferent to an obvious tragedy--but while things like this are sensational, there are bigger and far more deadly concerns out there. Driving and texting for a start. This is mental health issue, not a gun issue (or a 'war on Christianity issue), but it won't stop folks with an agenda from using it to bolster their beliefs. And that makes me want to throw up.

Of course, the local Oregon sheriff used the Sandy Hook incident for his own purposes, purporting a "false flag, Obama wants to steal our guns" line of reasoning--so I guess this is just what some people do.

Bottom line, we all do not want some jerk killing innocent people.

But as long as a person can buy a gun, nothing can prevent a Virginia Tech style shooting, not guns laws, not campus police officers, etc...

Its unfortunate anyway you look at the situation.

I hope people have learned one lesson. Never take your family to a gun free zone. It's far too dangerous. Don't send your children to a university that bans guns. And if there is a shooting the police are there to do the paper work and make sure your loved ones are sent to the nearest hospital or morgue. Remember, gun control is a code name for population control.

Check this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back