Gun control/being safe out there....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: buster

I do not believe we should restrict the right of self-defense, but we have to have some limits in place. I agree, going after the gangbangers would be wise.

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
Ben Franklin

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
As much as I love guns, I agree something must be done to limit the availability. It's hard for me to justify my Colt M-4 AR-15 other than it's a toy that I like to take to the range. I'm very responsible and keep it locked up (along w/other guns except my home defense gun, which is a Springfield 1911 9mm). I know the devastation that gun in particular can cause if it got into the wrong hands. Actually, for home defense my two German Shepherds are better than any gun could ever be.

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
Ben Franklin

Originally Posted By: Doog
As much as I love guns, I agree something must be done to limit the availability. It's hard for me to justify my Colt M-4 AR-15 other than it's a toy that I like to take to the range. I'm very responsible and keep it locked up (along w/other guns except my home defense gun, which is a Springfield 1911 9mm). I know the devastation that gun in particular can cause if it got into the wrong hands. Actually, for home defense my two German Shepherds are better than any gun could ever be.

Ben Franklin

Doog, tell that to the victims of gun violence. There is a need to do something about gun violence. But there is no political will to act in either of the two parties.

This is a wedge issue and they are very good at exploiting it for their political ends.

Originally Posted By: Nebroch
If you wish to understand why decent people SHOULD own firearms look at Europe / EUSSR today. Govts have turned against their own people and even dare to say it, it can happen to you too:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=eab_1445033279

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.”
George Washington

Originally Posted By: Benito
Do you have the numbers for homicide rate by firearm for those people?

I am not going to have this discussion with you until after you get treatment for your hoplophobia. Your posts are too unusual.

It was a simple question. You only needed to answer yes or no.

Instead you succumbed to the emotional need to use a fancy word that you've just learnt.

Btw, I like guns. Gun nuts - not so much.

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B

Ben Franklin

Doog, tell that to the victims of gun violence. There is a need to do something about gun violence. But there is no political will to act in either of the two parties.

This is a wedge issue and they are very good at exploiting it for their political ends.

There is no such thing as "gun violence". It is criminal behavior. I will tell the victims of criminals that they should never rely on the government to protect them in America because the police do not have a legal duty to protect you.

Read up on it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia

Until the courts punish criminals....nothing will change.

Look it up.....NICS has stopped almost 2 million people from illegal gun buys....the DOJ has prosecuted less than 50.

MS13 has 20,000 members in the US...most illegals.

Last edited:

Doog, tell that to the victims of gun violence.

I will...I will tell every parent that the solutions proposed by the anti-gun crowd lack any basis for what is needed to reduce violence. That is a simple fact.

If you wish to understand why decent people SHOULD own firearms look at Europe / EUSSR today. Govts have turned against their own people and even dare to say it, it can happen to you too:

“There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty.”John Adams

”It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.”
George Washington

Note: George Washington was the only US President unanimously elected.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al

Where it gets sticky is that the 2nd Amendment doesn't mandate a weapon may be carried outside of your abode.

”The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.”
George Washington

In General a President is not the Constitution. Although one President is trying. Do you approve of that based on your statement?

What is "gun Violence"..I thought a "gun" was inanimate??

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
That's where the common sense side of it comes into play. If you are buddy on the farm, obviously the gun would need to be accessible but perhaps you change how/where it is stored if there are kids present.

I'm not concerned with the chance, so much, of unreasonable convictions with respect to self-defence or storage provisions (and exemptions). I worry more about a prosecutor pushing the charge and resulting in a high legal defence bill for someone that can't afford it.

Originally Posted By: Garak
I worry more about a prosecutor pushing the charge and resulting in a high legal defence bill for someone that can't afford it.

I think the biggest worry is the ability of the perp's family to sue you. Even though Pa. has a Castle doctrine you are on the hook to defend yourself against a lawsuit until you are cleared. And bear in mind the plaintiff in a civil case only needs a majority of bleeding hearts to screw you. In in a criminal case all 12 jurors must find you guilty.

“There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty.”John Adams

And now in Italy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkTiWCeL8CM

Originally Posted By: Al
I think the biggest worry is the ability of the perp's family to sue you.

Maybe, but we haven't had much of that go on, here. Since our self-defence case law is pretty limited, I suppose we have to see, yet.
wink.gif

And now in Italy:

This is so sad. Shame on you Brussels. In 50 years people will discuss how did far right politicians get to power in Europe AGAIN. Those monkeys literally force normal people to vote for far right.

And now in Italy:

Italians were one of the more enthusiastic in bombing Libya and turning it into the [censored] hole it is now. But when it's time to pay for those crimes, suddenly it's the refugees' fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back