Gumont Regane AIO Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Treats 35 gal and says to use prior to an oil change. What has been experienced by usage of this product ? My car is fairly new, a '13 Nissan Altima with 16 K on it.

Personally, I wouldn't use it in a car with only 16K. I would just use the regular Regane (which is $4.97 at WM).
At 16 K you just want to 'maintain' since I doubt there is much to 'clean up'...

Originally Posted By: pbm
Personally, I wouldn't use it in a car with only 16K. I would just use the regular Regane (which is $4.97 at WM).
At 16 K you just want to 'maintain' since I doubt there is much to 'clean up'...

Nothing says you have to use the whole bottle. Just use a bit as maintenance. Better to use the right stuff with the best ingredients and just use less.

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
^^^what pbm said^^^

Don't use a jackhammer to drive a carpet tack.

HA. Awesome.
Op. I seriously doubt you've got any accumulation as of yet but the half dose sounds like a good idea.

Originally Posted By: richport29
Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Why use any at this stage?

Wouldn't the use of this product prevent buildup from even starting?

Sure would. I think that maintenance doses of stuff are good, though it is preferable to have one that has some lubricity enhancement to it...

It depends on the gas. I think the Techron study that is so popular on this site showed deposits from gas can form as quickly as within 3k miles. It is why they came up with the 3k mi application recommendation.

I have had great luck with AIO. I have always noticed a bump in MPGs when I have used it in 3 cars (2006 mazda6 2.3L, 2007 Escape 2.3L and 2012 skyactiv mazda3). I use one bottle for two tanks. Try to use it when you will be doing lots of cold starts and short trips to improve its cleaning abilities.

Now that Walmart has increased the price on Regane AIO to $8, I do not believe it is cost effective anymore compared to the HM Regain small bottle at $5

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Now that Walmart has increased the price on Regane AIO to $8, I do not believe it is cost effective anymore compared to the HM Regain small bottle at $5

Keep in mind you get two treatments out of one AIO bottle where as you only get one treatment out of the HM bottle.

I've just been dumping a bottle of HM in at fill up every few months. Maybe unnecessary, but cheap warm fuzzies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back