GULF oils : Thoughts on

them . Wandered across when looking up Top Tier gasolines . GULF not involved . Used their gas years ago when E free . Usually 90+ octane .

IMG_0605.JPG
IMG_0603.JPG

IMG_0608.JPG
IMG_0610.JPG

IMG_0613.JPG
IMG_0612.JPG

Probably not a lot has changed since your last two threads:

For a couple of years before I retired I was selling Gulf engine oils. The distributor for whom I was working is one of the principals in the partnership.
There were three levels of PCMOs. The entry level was a synthetic blend. There were two synthetics. One was Dexos certified at a slightly higher price. I suspect it was the same product as the non-Dexos, with the licensing cost passed on directly.
I sold a lot of it in the installer market. Car dealers and garages had no issues. The only failure I knew about was when a garage owner used it to break in a high compression, high pressure valve spring big block Chevy. SN rated with no additional break in additive. It chewed up the cam. Gulf paid the claim, even though it was a misapplication. I doubt they would have if the claimant hadn't also been a good sized wholesale customer. There's something to be said for buying directly from the owner.

Where to buy? Their website wasn’t very helpful.
It's nothing special and not really worth looking for. You just don't have to worry if it ends up in your oil pan.
A few years ago, it was blended in Canada by Safety Clean. The base oil included re-refined stocks. I don't know what's in it now.
If you're looking for wholesale quantities, contact Nu-Tier Brands.

It's nothing special and not really worth looking for. You just don't have to worry if it ends up in your oil pan.
A few years ago, it was blended in Canada by Safety Clean. The base oil included re-refined stocks. I don't know what's in it now.
If you're looking for wholesale quantities, contact Nu-Tier Brands.

Nope. Also wrong. SK was only a short term source point. Went out of style pretty fast due to its proximity to my company.

All package products and east coast products came out of another source point.

It’s available officially in 13 states currently. As that’s where we (the Nu-tier founders) have the license for. With a little luck, it will be more widely available sooner than later.

Chevron currently owns the rights for the other 37 states. And does not allow wide spread distribution in those states.

Last edited:
For a couple of years before I retired I was selling Gulf engine oils. The distributor for whom I was working is one of the principals in the partnership.
There were three levels of PCMOs. The entry level was a synthetic blend. There were two synthetics. One was Dexos certified at a slightly higher price. I suspect it was the same product as the non-Dexos, with the licensing cost passed on directly.
I sold a lot of it in the installer market. Car dealers and garages had no issues. The only failure I knew about was when a garage owner used it to break in a high compression, high pressure valve spring big block Chevy. SN rated with no additional break in additive. It chewed up the cam. Gulf paid the claim, even though it was a misapplication. I doubt they would have if the claimant hadn't also been a good sized wholesale customer. There's something to be said for buying directly from the owner.

We probably know each other in passing.

Back