Guess I won't be getting the three set Kniepex pliers set I paid Amazon uk for.

We were transferred to Seattle Tacoma area about a year ago. With all the great high paying jobs, from amzn, Starbucks, Microsoft, Costco, and many more, we never would have guessed how rampant misdemeanor and felony crimes are in this area.

A BITOG member sent me an PM and gave me a heads up about the crime, prior to relocating. I was and am super greatful for the heads up on crime , it helped me be super aware of where we picked to live.

Recently during the day a woman was killed at random in a target retail store parking lot, near our home. Nothing is safe anywhere in this area. I secure my F350s, I am sure if they were not secured their converters, maybe the entire truck(s) would be gone.

We feel super lucky to be in a tiny gated community full of senior citizens that watch every leaf fall from every tree. Vast majority of people in this area are under different circumstances, and I speculate many have been victims of crimes. I feel badly for the good people in this region that have accepted crime as a daily way of life, no different than they accept rain daily for nine months out of a year.

And of note, when people learn nothing is being done about crimes, and the response to a reported crime can be hours or even days, people quit reporting crimes. That is why crime stats may not reflect the actual quantity of crimes taking place
Not really surprising after Chop/Chaz???

One time I was checking my Amazon tracking because I was waiting for this package. It should have been delivered but showed up undeliverable. Turns out my eleven year old collie mix was out on the front lawn. Driver must have been afraid of dogs.

Three things-

1. For grins and giggles, I tried the "pick up at certain location" thing last week with a (Knipex plier) order from the Zon. Worked great. The pick up place is in a shopping center I frequent both at lunch and after work and is on the way home. Might do it again, might not.

2. I had to order a set of 10" diagonal Knipex pliers from the Zon FOUR times before I got them. I got a different set of Knipex pliers each time prior. Crazy...

3. We've had several pieces of USPS mail not make it into our hands that the USPS says they put in our mailbox. One was a Klein ratcheting screwdriver I ordered from the Zon. USPS told Amazon they delivered the package at Noon that day, we had left at 11:00 and returned at 2:00 PM. Not there. My MIL said she mailed three cards at Christmas, two for us, one with a check, one with a gift card for our daughter. Never saw them.

Well four things -

I don't drive my Tundra when I know I am going to have to park for long periods in an unsecured area/etc. I really want to get a Cat Plate. I started to make one and just didn't get around to it. At this point, I think it's worth my time to just buy a $500 plate and bolt it on in 5 minutes. The replacement cost for Cats on my Toyota Tundra are in the $9-10,000 range for all 4.

Pliers arrived yesterday. Thanks to JayHawkRoy providing the DHL link, I don't think the pliers would not have made it without that link.

Of note, I had lightbulbs ordered for a Navigator from RockAuto. FedEX ground the shipper. Three days in a row received a text as non-deliverable. The FedEX ground office is just minutes away from my home AND work. After the third non-deliverable, I raced to the FedEx office, thinking my home was one of the driver's last stops.

Sure enough, the truck was at the terminal with my little box of light bulbs. The FedEX counterman apologized, and without a comment from me said the drivers are contractors, paid by the stop, and make the same per stop if the item is delivered or not. So any reason to reject the delivery might be more financially rewarding that taking the time to make the delivery.

I have a FedEX package arriving today. Can't help but wonder if the same challenges will happen.
PXL_20230512_143550764.jpg

Sure enough, the truck was at the terminal with my little box of light bulbs. The FedEX counterman apologized, and without a comment from me said the drivers are contractors, paid by the stop, and make the same per stop if the item is delivered or not. So any reason to reject the delivery might be more financially rewarding that taking the time to make the delivery.
If that's true, FedEx is incentivizing bad behavior. Maybe it's true, but a friend was a FedEx contract driver on the East Coast here, oh, about 10 years ago, and he was paid by the delivery, not the stop. Different time and place, though.
Is there a reason you want to disclose that you ordered a 3 piece set of Cobras from the UK site versus plain ol US site?
While I can't speak for GON and his circumstances, I've seen it happen and I've ordered from the Amazon and UK sites because, even with International delivery, it's cheaper. I can't explain why, indeed, not even Amazon can explain some of their crazy pricing.

Think I told the story during 2020 we had work things sent home (never do this, not, ever).

Fedex delivered 27 boxes to my residence. I should have verified all items but c’mon this is my house not a warehouse. A week later I discovered there were only 26 boxes. Also, the one in question showed delivered after 5 PM EST, whereas 26 were morning.

Long story short vendor ate the $8k loss. But I learned a valuable lesson. Pretty sure Covid was the beginning of no signature (although a FedEx wine delivery from a vendor required ID). Don’t have work deliveries sent home. The employee is in a precarious situation for loss. Same with driving your personal vehicle for work and getting mileage.

Back