Guess I won't be getting the three set Kniepex pliers set I paid Amazon uk for.

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Ordered the three pieces Kniepex plier set from Amazon, sold by Amazon uk. Delivery is by DHL. DHL comes by my subdivision, can't get past the gate, because a code is needed, and leaves. Amzn sends me a notice of a failed delivery attempt. This is two days in a row. I am working out of town, if I wasn't I would leave a note for the driver. Yet, as smart as amzn is, and amzn delivers to out little subdivision every day, there is not a system in place to tell the driver to call me , etc.

Next week Rock Auto is Shipping parts to me via DHL. I suspect those parts will also be returned as undeliverable.

When my MIL lived in a gated community literally every delivery person, fire fighter, police, and home repair person within 20 miles knew the code to get in.

try their on demand delivery system. Can't vouch for it, but it may work.

Thanks,

I am currently on a plane and tried setting up a DHL account based on the link you provided. DHL requires both a mobile phone AND email verification. I can get the email verification code, but not the mobile phone code (at 30k feet).

Unlike rockauto, which I have a DHL tracking number for the incoming shipments, I don't have a tracking number from AMZN UK for the plier shipment, to reference. AMZN just sends me a text DHL was unable to deliver.

I st
Thanks,

I am currently on a plane and tried setting up a DHL account based on the link you provided. DHL requires both a mobile phone AND email verification. I can get the email verification code, but not the mobile phone code (at 30k feet).

Unlike rockauto, which I have a DHL tracking number for the incoming shipments, I don't have a tracking number from AMZN UK for the plier shipment, to reference. AMZN just sends me a text DHL was unable to deliver.
I stand corrected. AMZN does provide a tracking number and a DHL phone number. Hopefully this delivery gets three attempts.
DHL ExpressPhone: 1-800-225-5345
We work with the following carriers to deliver items. If you have an issue with your delivery, you can contact the carrier directly.

Important: Some national carriers use regional carriers to deliver your package. When this happens, your tracking information may not be accurately reflected on the national carrier website.
We ship some exceptionally large or heavy items by a specialty carrier such as CEVA, Pilot, or XPO. We use Parcel Pool for standard deliveries to Alaska and Hawaii, and OnTrac for same-day deliveries to Seattle.

Delivery Instructions entered on your Amazon account are only visible to Amazon Drivers. If your package is being delivered by a different carrier, please contact them to provide those instructions.

Did you put code in delivery instructions, where it asks?
When I purchased the set of pliers on AMZN, I didn't catch the Seller was AMZN UK, and that DHL would be the transporter. AMZON delivers to our gated subdivision daily, and on the rare occasion there is a new AMZN driver, they actually call me on my cell for the gate code.

Didn't see this coming. What I suspect will happen is these tools will be put into a large container of undeliverable products, and some lucky buyer of the container is going to score some nice Knipex pliers.

if you can get email wifi calling? for the text?
I have a subscription for in air wifi, but only for one device. Wifi calling is not facilitated on the in air subscription. I am on my notebook doing this reply. Never had a verification require both a mobile and email requirements, but when I land I will try to sign up with DHL again. My fear is DHL doesn't give "three strikes" for a undeliverable package.

BTW- this is the plier set: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006KRKD3G?

ah I figured you might be able to put on a vpn and get a text message with wifi.. guess not.. have no experience with that system.

Reactions: GON
Does DHL offer "hold for pickup" ? I guess it will depend on where their center is as to whether you even want to try that option.

Jhr,

Thanks again for the link. I was able to set up a account, put in a signature waiver, and put in the gate code. No idea if the driver can/will get this information, it if it is too late, but this was awesome to have this information in dho system.
Hope this works out. Glad to help when I can.

Reactions: GON
You living in one of those maximum security neighborhoods; AKA gated community? Home owner's association too?

You gotta keep your grass at 4 inches high; no more and no less? Lady comes by your house with a ruler? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
You living in one of those maximum security neighborhoods; AKA gated community? Home owner's association too?

You gotta keep your grass at 4 inches high; no more and no less? Lady comes by your house with a ruler? :ROFLMAO:
We are renting. Thrilled to be in a tiny gated community. We are the youngest people in our community ; we are in our very late 50s. Crime is crazy bad in our area, the gate helps quite a bit in crime prevention- but nothing beats retired people watching everything that goes on. Only issue is many retired people go to bed early. And crime against vehicles and such is often a nighttime crime.

I got one of the ones that holds the radiator hose clamps open....confession. Never used it hahahaha

Why is it that so many of us here on the forum seem to think along the same lines? :ROFLMAO:

We are renting. Thrilled to be in a tiny gated community. We are the youngest people in our community ; we are in our very late 50s. Crime is crazy bad in our area, the gate helps quite a bit in crime prevention- but nothing beats retired people watching everything that goes on. Only issue is many retired people go to bed early. And crime against vehicles and such is often a nighttime crime.
If crime is crazy bad and you’re renting… why not move someplace better?

Won’t solve your pliers or delivery issues.

But may be a better bet overall. Especially if lots of folks know the code anyway.

If crime is crazy bad and you’re renting… why not move someplace better?

Won’t solve your pliers or delivery issues.

But may be a better bet overall. Especially if lots of folks know the code anyway.
We were transferred to Seattle Tacoma area about a year ago. With all the great high paying jobs, from amzn, Starbucks, Microsoft, Costco, and many more, we never would have guessed how rampant misdemeanor and felony crimes are in this area.

A BITOG member sent me an PM and gave me a heads up about the crime, prior to relocating. I was and am super greatful for the heads up on crime , it helped me be super aware of where we picked to live.

Recently during the day a woman was killed at random in a target retail store parking lot, near our home. Nothing is safe anywhere in this area. I secure my F350s, I am sure if they were not secured their converters, maybe the entire truck(s) would be gone.

We feel super lucky to be in a tiny gated community full of senior citizens that watch every leaf fall from every tree. Vast majority of people in this area are under different circumstances, and I speculate many have been victims of crimes. I feel badly for the good people in this region that have accepted crime as a daily way of life, no different than they accept rain daily for nine months out of a year.

And of note, when people learn nothing is being done about crimes, and the response to a reported crime can be hours or even days, people quit reporting crimes. That is why crime stats may not reflect the actual quantity of crimes taking place

Last edited:
Back