Grooming and Hygiene Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: hotwheels
Originally Posted By: Falken
Nobody would like to talk about a nice Scotch, cigar, and a nice shave with Italian soap on this forum?

I need to go back to 1929 I guess...

That's what you get for mingling with the literally unwashed masses. Probably populated primarily by grunting, crusty and scabby oilheads with plumber's butt and little interest in appearances and how they smell.

hotwheels

I think you hit the greasy and slightly stinky nail on the head. Most forum denizens are likely way past sell by date gearhead oil change monkeys sporting beerguts and a diy haircut. And that includes me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Find a grooming forum imho.

You could say the same thing about all the other off topic forums here. I was under the impression, if the interest is sufficient, as evidenced by the number of posts, a dedicated off-topic forum may be created.

My suggestion was just that. I have a horse in the race, and its name is Convenience. That's all.

hotwheels

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Every now and then I run into someone that has BO so bad it makes you think about holding your breath and escaping somewhere, anywhere. I wonder how they can stand themselves.

My wife and I were in line for tickets to a movie and left when a couple lined up behind us. The smell was like a slap in the face. We left thinking that the theater would have no safe haven from this awful BO. Several others left, as well. No movie is worth not being able to breathe.
They had BBO. Beyond BO.

Originally Posted By: hotwheels
Nobody would like to talk about a nice Scotch, cigar, and a nice shave with Italian soap on this forum?

I need to go back to 1929 I guess...

That's what you get for mingling with the literally unwashed masses. I must say I am rather disapppointed at all those dismissive replies. Then again, painting with a wide brush, this is primarily an oil forum, probably populated primariliy by grunting, crusty and scabby oilheads with plumber's butt and little interest in appearances and how they smell. I'm surprised I'm still surprissed!

hotwheels

Don't be surprised. A long while back I posted an interesting website (www.artofmanliness.com) that discusses and assists men about time honored MALE traditions of manners, dress, grooming, etc. Nothing special, yet it was meant as a guide. I know that in certain social situations I could use a little advice on what is the proper etiquette.....after all, I enjoy and respect male traditions.

Well....I got SLAMMED!!! A few on here said that they didn't need to be taught from a website how to be manly and that I must not be a man myself if that was a site I frequented!!!

Yes...some people on here are real ignorant...but so what. To each his own...I just wish the labeling and marginalizing could be toned down a bit.

Well, Hotwheels is right then.

We should have a special section to talk about shaving, grooming, steaks and mash, local brothels, cards, darts, drinking, smoking...

That way we won't bother anyone else, and they can join in the conversation if they see a post that appeals to them.

Also, what color tie goes with a suit? What music cases fit tommy guns? What is the latest version of the **** Tracy watch??

Ahhhh... Maybe I am off to Badger and Blade... But I like oil and cars too... Gaaaa... No happy medium!

Originally Posted By: mclasser
Brush your teeth, wash your clothes, comb your hair, shower, wash up after using the bathroom... Am I missing anything?

Put the lid down.

Last edited:
Hey andrewg,

Checking out the site you posted thanks man!

I should stop being such a curmudgeon and join it!

I'm off to browse Badger&Blade, but will check the other site later. B&B features many dedicated off-topic forums, including outdoors, firearms, sports and fitness. Maybe they could add an engine oil forum for all-in-one forum needs?

hotwheels

Haha Hotwheels, maybe that would be the path of least resistance!

Wouldn't it be hilarious if at Badger&Blade they want nothing to do with something as gauche as engine oil?

hotwheels

Come on Mori most guys here use Old Spice not Monsieur Balmain. LOL
Forget the Grooming and Hygiene Forum, that went over like a [censored] in Church on your little BITOG hate site, why should it do any better here?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Trav
Come on Mori

LOL!!!
crackmeup2.gif

So should we go looking for some online forum where women discuss hair products, what dress to wear for various occasions, perfumes, etc. And we could inquire at that forum if it was okay to start a section on motor oil discussions?

Obviously grooming and hygiene are important. But guys don't normally get that involved in that kind of stuff. Shave, brush your teeth, take a shower, etc. Eat decent quality food and not to an excess, and walk (I know of a woman who lost 70 pounds just walking and just today I talked with a woman postal worker who walks over 6 miles a day). She looks great.

That is pretty much it. So no real need for an entire section for grooming and hygiene.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
So no real need for an entire section for grooming and hygiene.

Most people would say there is no need for a full blown oil forum either, yet here we are.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Trav
Come on Mori most guys here use Old Spice not Monsieur Balmain. LOL
Forget the Grooming and Hygiene Forum, that went over like a [censored] in Church on your little BITOG hate site, why should it do any better here?

Beyond this, I will not respond to random libel. If you want to discuss or argue about anything I posted, I will oblige. If you attack me personally for any reason, whether or not you mistake me for someone I am not, then you will have to play all by and with yourself.

hotwheels

Guys can discuss stuff like motor oil, engines, etc., for hours. Just like women can discuss perfumes, dress colors, etc., for hours.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Every now and then I run into someone that has BO so bad it makes you think about holding your breath and escaping somewhere, anywhere. I wonder how they can stand themselves.

My wife and I were in line for tickets to a movie and left when a couple lined up behind us. The smell was like a slap in the face. We left thinking that the theater would have no safe haven from this awful BO. Several others left, as well. No movie is worth not being able to breathe.

If I go a few days without a shower I can smell myself, so I wonder how folks like can stand themselves. he needs to shorten his OCI (odor control interval).
banana2.gif

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back