Greetings from a new member...which filter to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so glad to have found this forum. I spend lots of time on my vette forums but want to become more educated on oil/filtration issues. I've been using K&N on my 1973 vette with a 350 for about 4 years. I've decided to add the K&N to my newly aquired 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee and 95 Volvo 960 6 cylinder(been using Mann filters up until now). I've read many post in this forum and numberous internet sites. I've found lots of opinions but very little factual comparisons. My questions is this...how does one filter thru
grin.gif
all the opinions and make a decision on the best filter for one's needs? My thinking is that the K&N is probably good enough to use without worry. Is trying to decide between K&N, Mobil 1, Amsoil etc... really that important, or can I safely assume that using any one of these QUALITY filters should suffice?

Jim

Choosing a filter is just as hard as choosing an oil, but I personally think that the K&N is one of the better choices, as it's very well made, flows very well and filters out a decent amount of smaller particles. Sort of like the best of both worlds. It's an expensive filter though, that's it's downfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back