grand cherokee filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Wix and Mopar filters are close in terms of price, is one significantly better? also, are the M1/K&N/Royal Purple filters worth the $7+ price increse?

if your going to use the oil for 10,000 miles the Mobil1 or K&N oil filters are excellent choices.
question is are you going to use conventional oil that long?
Amsoil oil and filters is an excellent option with a minimum oil change interval of 12.500 miles.
just wait now for all the scare tactics/unexperienced opinions to be posted up now
43.gif

Thanks for the response, I usualy run Amsoil or PP for 10,000 miles and spin a new filter on after 5,000, the engine has 150,000 miles FWIW

If you are going to just change the filter every 5K you can use the WIX or Mopar filter with no problem, but for what you're doing I would invest in the Amsoil EaO filter and just run it for the full 10K. That is the filter that I use on my Jeep with those oil change intervals.

I'd use the Wix or Napa Gold over the Mopar due to Chryslers' changing of vendors at any moment is notorious so you don't know which company is making their filters at any given time.The other two are great filters but for the price
21.gif

Originally Posted By: gofastman
Thanks for the response, I usualy run Amsoil or PP for 10,000 miles and spin a new filter on after 5,000, the engine has 150,000 miles FWIW

How many months does this take 10k to accumulate? You no longer swap out the filter to replenish the additives in Amsoil.

FWIW, my 4.0 powered Cherokee seems to run a bit quieter with Mopar filters vs. Purolator PureONE's. I'm going to stick with Mopar for the foreseeable future.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Originally Posted By: gofastman

How many months does this take 10k to accumulate? You no longer swap out the filter to replenish the additives in Amsoil.

a year or so, why do you not need to replenish the additives is it a new formula?

Nope. This is why I think they came out with the EaO filter. They had no trouble making the 1 year mark with any of the formulations (except maybe the XL line) ..but running any filter for one year would be a stretch if the mileage was too low. Anyone in the 12k+ range was probably good well beyond 15k with the old Amsoil filters ..but for 25k-35k capability was going to need something better. Since they (my speculation) felt that an intermediate filter change was limiting the number of potential customers (a few saying "Hey, if I have to change the filter ..why not just dump the oil while I'm there
21.gif
") and the oils were buffered for the extended service .....
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back