Ecogard s241 Virgin C&P

Picture 2 above
Nobody mentioned it but that is not a cut on the ADBV. I just saw it myself and checked but it was a very fine paint sliver from cutting the can. The ADBV is on perfect order.

sort of like this ? .. this guy is actually funny with his terminology but looks like he did what you described.

No just grab it without peeling anything and crush the center with your grip and it pops loose. But I will say mine has hard center tube unlike his. Is that another new improvement?

No just grab it without peeling anything and crush the center with your grip and it pops loose. But I will say mine has hard center tube unlike his. Is that another new improvement?

ah.. ok , it was that easy ?

Yes but I guess that depends on ones strength. You have to grip it hard and squeeze it with effort but compared to the S241 it was easy as the same pressure did nothing to the s241
The physics of a cylinder have radically different force results from an equal pressure on the inside vs squeezing ramdomly from the outside.

sort of like this ? .. this guy is actually funny with his terminology but looks like he did what you described.

somehow they seem to survive without.
turning to “mush”.
We’ve seen like a hundred of these cut open after use and the overwhelming majority actually held up.
Not my favorite filter 4 sure but we gotta be honest.
I’d say they found a way to construct filters in as cheap of a way as possible while still being functional

Can verify. Got an S4610 delivered today. Hefty build! I was using ChampXL’s exclusively but I’m moving over to PG based filters now on my cars.

Pics show differences between the ecogard and microgard select. Same fitment. Ecogard is from China. Microgard select is from Vietnam. I *think* I like the extra “beef” on the ecogard’s gasket but will use both on my Type-R this summer.

IMG_3915.jpeg

IMG_3916.jpeg

IMG_3917.jpeg

IMG_3918.jpeg

IMG_3919.jpeg

Both base gaskets are fine. The MircoGard Select (Vietnam) for my Coyote uses the flat base gasket. So the base gasket varies depending on filter model in the MicroGard Select line. Honda OEM filters use a similar base gasket - nothing to worry about.

1711599229678.jpg

Both base gaskets are fine. The MircoGard Select (Vietnam) for my Coyote uses the flat base gasket. So the base gasket varies depending on filter model in the MicroGard Select line. Honda OEM filters use a similar base gasket - nothing to worry about.

View attachment 210712
Agree. As long as no leaks after 5000 miles, I guess I don't have an opinion.

I do have one of the PG carquest premiums here that I picked up last week as well. Media is a tad lighter in color and the gasket is rounded like the microgard select but made of nitrile. That'll get spun on the car at some point.

Can verify. Got an S4610 delivered today. Hefty build! I was using ChampXL’s exclusively but I’m moving over to PG based filters now on my cars.

Pics show differences between the ecogard and microgard select. Same fitment. Ecogard is from China. Microgard select is from Vietnam. I *think* I like the extra “beef” on the ecogard’s gasket but will use both on my Type-R this summer.

View attachment 210705

View attachment 210706

View attachment 210707

View attachment 210708

View attachment 210709
Before I picked up the Microguard Select at O'Reilly's I was checking out the Ecoguard 👍 Either or looks like solid built filters.

View attachment 210705

View attachment 210706

View attachment 210707

View attachment 210708

View attachment 210709
Nice pictures 👍

Back