Graduated container for oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not just keep an old 5 quart and a 1 quart emptied oil jug just for that purpose. Most have a clear section on the side to gauge the quantity and they are free.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Why not just keep an old 5 quart and a 1 quart emptied oil jug just for that purpose. Most have a clear section on the side to gauge the quantity and they are free.

+1, That's what I do. Jug, and a single quart as well, for top offs

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
If they don't post a picture when the thing comes up they just lost a potential customer.

The pics show just fine for me?
21.gif

No prices? Pshaw...if you need to measure and a quart bottle is insufficient, get a kitchen measuring cup for under $2.

I'm looking for something a bit more precise and pours well so I don't always need a funnel. Has to close tightly to keep the oil good. I do have a variety of old jugs and quart containers, but none of them are that easy to tell how much you are putting in.

Not looking for that much precision. Here's the scenario. Motorcycle calls for 3.4 quarts of oil. Dispense chosen lube into translucent graduated container until just full up to the 3.4 quart mark. Dispense into motorcycle without needing a funnel, since the location of the fill makes it hard to keep a funnel in the hole while pouring oil. Or, topping off a car. I see the dipstick is down about half a quart. Would be nice to have a pour bottle that indicates half a quart fairly accurately, and doesn't need retrieval of a funnel every time. Again, one of my vehicles has a fill hole that is hard to keep a funnel in when juggling a standard 5Q bottle.

Go to the kitchen, sort through the Tupperware cabinet until you find a nice graduated cup used for making milkshakes etc. look both ways carefully, tuck it in your shirt, or better yet act like you're making a drink, then run like h*ll and don't look back. They work really well, and it only takes a month or so for your wife to simmer down...problem solved!

I have at least two measuring cups that say "Pampered Chef" on them. I was asked once why they're in the garage on my workbench to which I replied, "I had to measure something". All I got in return was another question: "Do you know how much those cost?". I just shrugged my shoulders !
grin.gif

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
I have at least two measuring cups that say "Pampered Chef" on them. I was asked once why they're in the garage on my workbench to which I replied, "I had to measure something". All I got in return was another question: "Do you know how much those cost?". I just shrugged my shoulders !
grin.gif

I had to look. They might be a bit high end for measuring oil.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Garak
I used one just like this, also apparently from Wirthco:

[Linked Image]

GSCJR: I see you were trying to post the same one.
smile.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back