Got the Hot Rod "Bug" What do you think ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: khittner
Could be the next Buick Grand National . . . or not.

Just buy a real GN and keep it well. Enjoy
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: beanoil
Doc says that not a "hotrod bug".
His diagnosis, "new caritis"
When did a new car with SS badging become a hotrod?

When it runs 12 second 1/4 miles show room stock.
smile.gif

The issue with these is that, in my area, they attract attention from other people with far faster cars. If you want a cool car to ride around in and shoe off, then it might be good for you, but if you want to race people away from lights, forget it.

Your run of the mill eBay turbo honda k series, gt3076 wrx, evo with a tune, or whatever will dump on you in a "race from the lights" or "pull on the highway" scenario.

Not a fan for the money. Not a big fan of the styling.

That said, if you must have four doors, a big trunk, and a reasonable price, this would be a better bet than a CTS-V, IMO, as Im not a fan of the old style and the new ones are still a lot more $$$.

For 20% off MSRP it's a great deal. A bit big for my tastes but a LOT of car for the money...

When it has a 6.2V8

Originally Posted By: GMBoy

When it has a 6.2V8

I'm not sure that makes it a hot rod imo. It's a 350whp sedan. Your average turbo Subaru with a tune will easily keep up.

Originally Posted By: TinyVoices
The issue with these is that, in my area, they attract attention from other people with far faster cars. If you want a cool car to ride around in and shoe off, then it might be good for you, but if you want to race people away from lights, forget it.

Your run of the mill eBay turbo honda k series, gt3076 wrx, evo with a tune, or whatever will dump on you in a "race from the lights" or "pull on the highway" scenario.

Really? Lol Rice loses to this car. I would think the only WRX would be the hard race and close.

Last edited:

Really? Lol Rice loses to this car. I would think the only WRX would be the hard race and close.

Some of the comments remind me of the brainwashed thread … for the discount price (and RWD) ~ I agree with roofless !
PS make dealer change to black bow ties

Last edited:

When it has a 6.2V8

I'm not sure that makes it a hot rod imo. It's a 350whp sedan. Your average turbo Subaru with a tune will easily keep up.

You need to get out more. It is 415 HP and 415 FT/LBS of torque, manual cars are putting down 375 to the wheels and your average Subaru will not keep up.

Zero to sixty in 4.5 seconds, electronically limited top speed of 160, 12.70's-80's at 111 to 113 mph

You mentioned earlier modified cars. There a bunch of these running around with the LSA conversion, not to mention the small stuff exhaust, headers and tune.

And the WRX does not stand a chance, that is good race for my fat Caprice.

STI 0-60 in 5.3 seconds 1/4 mile 13.50-13.70 at 102... Car and driver didn't go faster than 13.80 but they suck.
Top speed 159 drag limited.

Keep reaching.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
Would an LS3 in a Nissan Cube make it a "performance" car

I see what you are saying, except the SS does a lot things really well. If the Cube stopped and turned as well sure, even if it is ugly.

I can't remember the last time someone put a WRX/STI engine in a Camaro/Corvette/SS

Just saying.
wink.gif
laugh.gif
smile.gif

Last edited:
Dunno what you guys are on about Subarus being slow.

In my local car club in Denver there were over a dozen wrx and sti that with a turbo+tune + bolt one would do mid 11s easily all day at 6000ft.

My last 2 daily drivers would eat an ss sedan. People have fast cars now a days. A stock ss sedan is quick but with all these kids with money running around woth 500whp it's not unrealistic to get bopped on the street in an ss by a stock looking Subaru.

My 400whp mazdaspeed6 and my 450whp vortech g35 would walk away from an ss sedan and both cars were "slow" amongst my club.

Just sharing my experience. Here in VA I have already seen and talked with the owners of 2 boosted k series hondas that go 11s and are daily driven. There are FAST cars out there waiting to gobble you up of you go looking for races.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back