Do you have a dream car today, on 12/4/23?

That's on the shortlist I have if I needed to replace a car *today*

As for dream car, I wouldn't say the Cobalt SS in my signature was a dream, but it was a lucky find that could fill that role.
Cobalt was the very first car I drove that had electric power steering, and a mpg computer (rental). I was actually fascinated by the mpg computer. Yes, I am easily amused 😊

I’d consider:

- diesel suburban or tahoe
- Ram CTD
- BMW M3
- MB AMG sedan
Wow can’t go wrong on any of those. Don’t remember what year, but my wife’s cousin’s ex had a manual Cummins Ram and I think it towed 17,500, was not a dually. Tahoe I’m interested in the 2025 6.2 gas, have always been a fan of all M3s, also latest M2, and if the Benz, 2013 S63 with P30

VW Corrado
Acura Integra GSR or Type R
Toyota Celica GT-4 or 1.8 GTS
2017 Honda Accord Sport 2.4 w lots of miles but needs front speaker,rim,paint repair 😆
Mazda Efini RX7 TT
Nissan Fairlady Z
Subaru SVX
Hyundai Equus
Ford Cosworth
Pontiac Fiero GT with Getrag 5 Spd and Cadillac Northstar motor mounted

That's on the shortlist I have if I needed to replace a car *today*

As for dream car, I wouldn't say the Cobalt SS in my signature was a dream, but it was a lucky find that could fill that role.
Had a base Cobalt that met its untimely demise at 315,000 miles. That was a good car (other than two transmission replacements). It always surprised me at how comfortable it was on long trips.

Had a base Cobalt that met its untimely demise at 315,000 miles. That was a good car (other than two transmission replacements). It always surprised me at how comfortable it was on long trips.
Guy in the RV park has one with over 400k.

Yes I do.... A 1971 Plymouth Hemi Cuda....
Back in the day I bought a 71 Dodge Challenger with the manual trans Hurst pistol grip shifter and the 340 engine and the [good ]stuff. It was a fun car and wished I never sold it until a guy in a housing developement down the Street from me gave me for a ride in his Hell Cat Challenger . That ride made put aside any car I thought would be nice to have other that a 69 Z28 Camaro.

2015 Porsche 911 Turbo S.
I am showing my age . I was able to go for a nice ride in a 1977 930 turbo Back then all my friends either had 4X4 pick ups or Porsches of some type and what was wonderful about the 930 is was the noise stiff riding and made you feel like you were going fast. In 1971 I bought a Kawasaki 500 Mach III and it was the exact same as the Porsche 930s loud had a power band that made you feel like you were rear ended by a semi going 90 mph. Most newer stuff is smooth quite handle great and go really fast. . I like the old feel.

Back in the day I bought a 71 Dodge Challenger with the manual trans Hurst pistol grip shifter and the 340 engine and the [good ]stuff. It was a fun car and wished I never sold it until a guy in a housing developement down the Street from me gave me for a ride in his Hell Cat Challenger . That ride made put aside any car I thought would be nice to have other that a 69 Z28 Camaro.
Only Chevrolet I ever wanted was the Calloway Sledgehammer Corvette or Yenko Camaro. Or a Opel GT

I’m fortunate in that I either actually owned or had extensive seat time in a few of my dream cars- E24 M6, E30 M3, E65 B7…
As I’ve noted before, I was told repeatedly that I would lose interest in fast cars as I aged- and that I’d wind up in an anodyne vehicle by choice. Well, at the ripe old age of 65 I am driving the fastest car I’ve ever owned- and it’s already one of my favorites.
Now, having said that, here are a few cars I would still love to own:
Mercedes 300SL
1965 Shelby GT350
Ferrari 365 GTB/4
Lamborghini Miura
1970 Pontiac GTO Judge
BMW M1
1982 Lotus Turbo Esprit
McLaren F1
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
E39 BMW M5
F87 BMW M2 CS
I could go on…
On another forum a guy posted:
"But, the day may come when I just need a car to get groceries and get to doctors appointments.....in that case I may want something that gets me from A to B and needs a minimum amount of maintenance."
I replied:
“That's the day I pull my car into the garage, close the door, and leave the motor running.
Think: Fred Astaire in On the Beach.”

rav2.jpg

I kinda want a late 80s Corvette simply because of that old school digital dashboard. Maybe someday I'll get one as a project and fun car.

At the moment, the one I drive. As much as the imagination starts to get going and think there must be something better for me, what I have now suits me the best. I could argue that it’s not perfect, it has issues, it is still better aligned with what I actually do and need than anything else. 2018 F150 supercab ecoboost with a clumsy transmission and a few light mods.

A couple of times I’ve daydreamed about the coming Ram 1500 electric with the built-in generator, but I think it’s the concept more than the actual vehicle that intrigues me.

Back