Got a smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just don't turn into one of the many zombies who walk (or drive!) around staring at the darned thing. And remember to leave it at home or the car or turn it off when going to church, theatre, restaurants or other public gatherings.

Most of the people I know who have one have resorted to one syllable grunts for communication. They will however fall back on multi syllables to explain the latest app if your are foolish enough to ask...

I'm waiting for a prepaid smartphone to come out.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Maximus1966
Just don't turn into one of the many zombies who walk (or drive!) around staring at the darned thing. And remember to leave it at home or the car or turn it off when going to church, theatre, restaurants or other public gatherings.

congrats!

My Blackberry Pearl looks old-school now, compared to all the phones that are full of touch screens and gizmos... but I still like it, for the "normal" size/shape, and durability. It's pretty good at reception, and also my 1st smart phone...
Don't know what to do when it's time to upgrade...all those new ones look so big to me, and I don't think i am going to like touch screes...
frown.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Maximus1966

Agreed, main reason I got it was to be able to stream radio at work.

Had a palm centro (technically a smartphone), but recently "upgraded" back down to a regular phone. I like the keypad for texting. But I don't want an all-touch screen right now, and the data plans are way too expensive. Until you can get wi-fi fast enough to use as your primary home internet (which whenever Verizon comes out with 4G and has an unlimited data plan for their router option), it isn't worth it to me.

That's what my wife had until she decided that she would rather switch to HTC Droid Incredible.
That BB Pearl went through all kinds of "heck" and she was pretty much dead set on upgrading to a BB Bold or Storm but at the last minute decided on the Droid. Back to square one on learning the in and outs of that phone!

But that BB Pearl has been a good phone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back