Goodrich G-Force Super Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've been out for years as they were the first set of tires I put on a WRX I once owned. They had stiff sidewalls, stiffer than most performance tires which gave them very good steering response. They were below average on wet roads, better than average on dry roads and did OK on the snow. I replaced them with some sort of Goodyear ultra high performance all-season tires that did better on the snow and wet roads but didn't have the dry handling and steering response of the BF Goodrich's.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
They've been out for years as they were the first set of tires I put on a WRX I once owned. They had stiff sidewalls, stiffer than most performance tires which gave them very good steering response. They were below average on wet roads, better than average on dry roads and did OK on the snow. I replaced them with some sort of Goodyear ultra high performance all-season tires that did better on the snow and wet roads but didn't have the dry handling and steering response of the BF Goodrich's.
The name stays the same but the actual tires sold under that name is changed quite frequently these days. Tire technology is a moving target, especially after a brand is bought out by a bigger, more advanced company.

You are speaking of the UHP all seasons, correct?

I have them on my stock wheels now as a winter tire (even though they are nothing of the kind, by almost anyone's definition
wink.gif
).

But, they do OK with most of the tread on them in less than 2" inches of snow/slush.

Unlike others above, I find them one of the BEST I have ever used in wet conditions down to just above freezing.
21.gif

And YES, they ARE the absolute BEST dry handling all season rated tires I have EVER used, both in the warm AND the fairly cold (-5*F to 40*F).

I suspect that the Michelin Super Sport AS/3s are the equal, or even better of these (IF they make them in your size, they do NOT in mine
frown.gif
), given that they own BFG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back