Good product to use inside clothes dryer, to remove gum?

Due to gum left inside clothes, there is gum that has gotten attached to the sides of our clothes dryer. It does scrape off with fingernails, but I'm wondering if there is something else that we can use that would be more thorough and faster. It is not in just one place, but scattered in small streaks all over the inside.

Is there a good product to use to get it off? We have goo be gone, but don't know what would be good to use on the inside of the dryer.

It is a Whirlpool, probably about 20 years old, if that matters.

I'm wondering if there is something else that we can use that would be more thorough and faster.
clx-us-bleach-121oz-front-044600324265_196575.219_1.png

I can get used motor oil, ATF, gear oil, etc. out of microfiber cloths with Bleach. I'm sure it will make short work out of chewing gum.

You mean Bleach? You can rinse it out with water, or even better, hot water, and then let the dryer run for a little while. It's meant to have liquids inside, so it will be fine.

Gum base is synthetic. I've used naptha (camping stove fuel or lighter fluid). Works great and evaporates cleanly.

Yes there is, it's called MOLD RELEASE.
The best alternative is PAM non stick cooking spray.

okay all you Heloise wannabes...
how about Ink...on more than one occasion, I've accidentally left ink pens in my pants pockets, and left inky streaks all over the drum...
not concerned with the pants, just the drum itself.
best thing i know of for dissolving ink is isopropyl alcohol, I've used the strong stuff from the first aid aisle (91,95%?)
but working in such an enclosed area as a clothes dryer, the fumes get to me mighty quick...

last time was like 6 months ago... there are still stains in the enamel, nothing transfers onto clothing, but... i'd like to get rid of the streaks, without having to resort to a respirator...

Had an ink pen and a steadtler marker burst in the dryer…. Bad… Acetone and microfiber cloth made easy work of it. Minimal elbow grease. Kept window open and Let it air out a couple hours. Then ran some wet rags Thru it on low heat.

This was posted yesterday afternoon. I wonder how long that chewing gum can stay in the dryer before a removal solution is agreed upon. :unsure:

Back