Dryer Repair question?

I have a Whirlpool Dryer Old School from around 2004. It had a slight squeaking several months ago so I replaced the belt and 2 rollers with Whirlpool parts and the squeak upon startup went away. Now I hear a slight thump every rotation when it’s empty. Took it apart and didn’t see anything wrong to cause it. Now when the motor is running, it makes the noise, but when I turn it by hand from the inside the drum, the noise isn’t there. What do you guys think it could be?

Is it the type where the back of the drum is held up with a hole in the sheet metal and a felt gasket around the drum? If so, maybe the felt got bent on re-assembly or there is some debris stuck under the felt?

Or is there a deformation somewhere in the new belt? The squeak was likely the rollers, so the only other thing you changed was the belt?

Is it the type where the back of the drum is held up with a hole in the sheet metal and a felt gasket around the drum? If so, maybe the felt got bent on re-assembly or there is some debris stuck under the felt?

Or is there a deformation somewhere in the new belt? The squeak was likely the rollers, so the only other thing you changed was the belt?
Yes the drum fits to a hole in the sheet metal. Yes the felt was a little deformed, but think I got it straightened out. I think I replaced the idler, but can’t remember for sure. Did the belt and the two wheels.

Here is the parselect kit I purchased.https://www.partselect.com/PS373087-Whirlpool-4392065-Maintenance-Kit.htm?SourceCode=19&SearchTerm=LER7620LG0&ModelNum=LER7620LG0#CustomerReview
It linuded the idler pulley, belt, and the 2 rollers

I have an Maytag dryer in my mother-in-law suite.. It was my main dryer at one time. A screw holding a tumbler fin came loose and hit something on every revolution. I laid the dryer down and tightened up the screws.

Maytag makes a college dorm grade electric dryer for home owners without the coin mech.
Can be bought today from direct from Maytag with free delivery for $989. Not useful info for the thread starter but maybe someone else here.

Video teardown of it starts at 9:48.

Thump is usually caused by the drum welded seam going over the rear support rollers. Also new rollers rubber is new and soft so they flat spot when sitting idle and cool down. All normal stuff. Clothing loads usually mask those sounds except light loads.

Back