Good place to get foam for speaker repair?

I have a few speakers that need refoaming. Energy 2.1e, Advent 10", JBL 10". Where's a good place to order from? Anyone do their own refoaming?

I havent been in that type of work an quite a while but there is a process to do it correctly. fins a group or youtube videos tha cover it. you want to make sure the voice coil is centered in the gap or the coil will rub. the spider does ok but old spider get a little saggy.

I wonder what are the pros and cons of accordion vs foam edge? My Electro-Voice woofers are accordion edge, circa 1983. Still in perfect shape.

I would do a quick search on diyaudio forum. Probably 300 threads on refoaming drivers.

Man, I wish I had known about re-foaming speakers 15 years ago. I threw away a nice set of oak cabinet Snell Acoustics speakers from 1984 because the surrounds were rotted out.

Reactions: JC1
Man, I wish I had known about re-foaming speakers 15 years ago. I threw away a nice set of oak cabinet Snell Acoustics speakers from 1984 because the surrounds were rotted out.
You probably could have found new drivers online too.

Back