Good Fortune?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friend of mine recently returned from a trip to France to deal with his late uncle's estate. He said the uncle, who was a bit eccentric, had left his old farm to him.

While he was looking around the place, he noticed there were a bunch of chickens and baby chicks in the chicken coop, and he was wondering what to do with them, since he was going to sell the place; he couldn't leave his home and business in the US to move there.

He got a local real estate appraiser to come in and look the place over, and while they were there, he noticed some unusual looking canvas sheets hanging on the walls of the chicken coop; they shooed the chicks away and took them down to clean off the dust/feathers, etc.. When they turned them over, they saw that they were actually paintings that his goofy uncle had put in there. The appraiser said they looked like originals of some kind, so they had a local art appraiser look at them. He came back with 'they're by Monet, and are worth a fortune'. Naturally, my friend was flabbergasted by his good fortune, but he was still concerned about all those baby chicks. After whining repeatedly to the real estate appraiser about them, the guy finally told him:

Look, you got your Monets for nothing, I guess the chicks are free!!

This may help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back