GM Auto-trac II fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
What model of transfer case does your truck have?
I wonder if the GM auto-trac fluid is comparable to the Chrysler fluid they spec for the NV-247. This case has a wet clutch that can chatter with normal ATF. Chrysler sent us this Mobil clear hydraulic fluid to use instead of the factory ATF fill until they developed (or repackaged)the NV-247 fluid. The Mobil fluid fixed the chatter as well as the new 'proper' fluid.

Don't know the model off hand. Just had the GM part number. It's been a few days and he hasn't complained about any problems with the Universal Synthetic ATF.

And I doubt he will see any issues since universal-multivehicle ATFs tend to be friction modified for smooth shifts(excellent anti-shudder durability), and tend to be blends or full synthetics.
Since these x-cases were originally filled with Dexron and were noisey(grabby AWD shudder), any better HFM'd ATF should solve the owner complaint issue that created autotrac. Since heat is an issue with AWD x-cases, moving up the group oil ladder is also helpful to make the x-case last past the warranty. So, anyone want to guess what autotracII is? Blue dye is used to keep parts department employees employed!!

I was going to try the new DuraDrive from PC in there. Considering it's specs should there be any issues?

Either that or a 50/50 blend with the OEM product

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back