General site sketchiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: pandus13
OVERKILL,
did you PM Wayne? (Wwilson)?

1. I figured that if I created a thread, others who were having the same issue would be able to chime in so that he could get a better handle on the scope of the issue (and he'd be sure to see the thread anyways).and
2. Putting it "out there" as an issue for everybody to see, if he responds, he can do so to everybody more easily as there are many who have been (or are being) affected by it.

I have also seen the same intermittent issues you describe and over the same time frame.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Screenshot of the error message or it didn't happen!

Here you go, Merk, with timestamp and all:

BfUYQ2.png

That one day when many were having troubles, I saw it quite a bit. Since then, it's been diminishing markedly. That one with the screen capture was isolated. It happened only that once in the session.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Screenshot of the error message or it didn't happen!

Here you go, Merk, with timestamp and all:

BfUYQ2.png

Yup, this is the same one Rand and I were getting the day of the outage. I've got it once since, other times the page just times out. It has been good so far today.

I have gotten the 522 error randomly three times over the past two weeks or so.

I've had the site appear down a couple times also; i am using Frontier DSL (old ATT infrastructure)

I could telnet to the web site on port 80 and get a "connected" but in a broswer nothing loaded; I figured there were just intermittent site issues, and didn't really pursue contacting anyone about it.

I don't have times, but will note them in the future.

-T

Last edited:
I have had the site act weird for the past couple weeks also. Nothing works when I click on links to enter a thread until I close the browser and reload it. This happens when using Chrome in Windows and iPad

Error 1001 Ray ID: 24b6385dc8350d07 • 2015-11-26 14:18:31 UTC
DNS resolution error
What happened?

You've requested a page on a website (www.bobistheoilguy.com) that is on the CloudFlare network. CloudFlare is currently unable to resolve your requested domain (www.bobistheoilguy.com). There are two potential causes of this:

Most likely: if the owner just signed up for CloudFlare it can take a few minutes for the website's information to be distributed to our global network.
Less likely: something is wrong with this site's configuration. Usually this happens when accounts have been signed up with a partner organization (e.g., a hosting provider) and the provider's DNS fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back