Gene Wilder Dies at 83

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: andrewg
I always thought that he had a great comic ability that was both a bit weird...and delightful. A few months ago, I was wondering what he'd been up to since I hadn't heard from him in a while. I had found one of his last interviews on the internet. He looked frail and a bit distant. I knew from watching him that he was nearing the end of his days...and it saddened me. But I came away from watching the interview that I had never realized what a profoundly kind hearted man he was. Gentle, calm, considerate. He basically didn't do films for years because he thought the swearing and violence was something he didn't want to be a part of.

A decent man....and honestly...a loss to humanity.

He was a real life fit for the Willy Wonka character...

+1

Very sad...I loved him in "The Lady in Red"...loved Kelly Le Brock too!

+1 Kelly didn't age well though.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

frown.gif

No she didn't...I think the last pic I saw of her she had gained a lot of weight...

frown.gif

No she didn't...I think the last pic I saw of her she had gained a lot of weight...

Well, we all can't look like we are 25 forever.

I think her biggest mistake was the facial surgeries/injections. But to me she still looks pretty, especially given her age.

Originally Posted By: andrewg

frown.gif

Well, we all can't look like we are 25 forever.

I think her biggest mistake was the facial surgeries/injections. But to me she still looks pretty, especially given her age.

And some age better than others...Susan Somers looked good well into her 60s...I must admit, I haven't seen what she looks like lately though...

Somers has had tons of botox and surgery. Most of the former beautiful celebs of days past have succumbed to this. In a way, we've got to remember that looks are everything these days....and female celebs don't do very well financially if they don't do some bondo work as they age. Yes, some age better than others of course, but it's many times hard to tell what is real age defying...and what is artificial. That was my main point. Just look around at the every day female past 50. Most look pretty much aged, worn, and tired. At least they are real though. It's a rare beauty that looks actually stunning into and past middle age.

frown.gif

Nothing wrong with more cushin'
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back