GC in Honda EU2000i Generator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for my yearly change on the Honda EU2000i. I put around 25 hours a year on it. It gets started and excercized monthly. Longest run this year was 14 hours during "The Big Blackout".

I've got Amsoil 5W30, GC 0W30, Delvac 1300 and Pennzoil Long Life 15W40. What to do, what to do?
dunno.gif

Great generator BTW. It's nice that they don't have to run 3600 rpm to get 60hz current like most others. (They have an alternator and invertor.)

I recently bought one of these little jewels. Expensive buggers but very nice. I've only put 6 or 8 hours on mine with various loads but it performs well. Just put in M1 10w30 and a bit of Lube Control.

Matt

quote:

Great generator BTW. It's nice that they don't have to run 3600 rpm to get 60hz current like most others. (They have an alternator and invertor.)

Another great little machine is the Coleman Ultimite. Uses a two-cycle (Robyn) engine but produces both DC (70 Amps@12V and 35 amps@24V) and 1,100 Watts AC. The AC is produced by an inverter as well. Great for remote jobsites where your power tools are less than 1-1/2 Horsepower. Good for recharging batteries as well.

Pick, a lot of good oils for these machines but if it sits in cold space, German Castrol 0W30 probably is the best choice.

All my power equipment (kept in heated space) get a 15W40, most recently Schaeffer Supreme 7000.

--- Bror Jace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back