Gas Card Mind Twister

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
So you just earned a $200 gas gift card from your reward card.

Just for conversation would you use it right away or save it for a rainy day or future trip?

Now for those slightly
advanced here. Would you hold off using it when gas prices are really cheap or use it when gas prices are sky high.
🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

LOL, I vote buy gas at the cheapest station you like and use the card when/if it happens to be that station.

I used one of mine today. I hate the Visa..MC ones. I get Exxon- Mobil no drama and use outside and the pump always tells you upfront what you have left on the card.

Or I could sell it to someone for $150.00 and take the money to the slots and win a lot more. :LOL:
:LOL:

I do not know the terms of the card but check to see if it has an expiration date on the gas purchase. I would go ahead and use it at the cheapest station i could find.

When CA. sent us our $700 dollar stimulus VISA card we used it only for gas purchases, went a long way. :D

It's a budgeting question and relates to how the holder relates to money.

I use rebate credit cards to supplant my regular cards for regular every day purchases-- groceries, gas, insurance. Groceries are great because the POS systems are set up to split tabs easily between multiple cards, thanks to food stamps etc. I use them up as they come in so they aren't floating around in the ether, waiting to be forgotten about.

If you feel you need to save that money for a special treat or other budgetary reason, eg, fun-money, have at it if it works for you.

I once waited too long and let a $200.00 suppliers gift card expire . Man did that upset me. That was before there was a law about expiring cards. Found it in a drawer and it was too late. :(

Don't see what difference it makes if they handed you a $200 card or $200 cash. You have $200 buying power in your hands. Use it however you would use $200. That's what it is.

Got a $10,000 gift card and a bunch of $100 cards last year as contest prizes. Used them up quickly on some purchases and transferred the rest to the Amazon account as it was difficult to get the balances to zero otherwise.

To answer the gas card question, I’d use it ASAP.

That’s a hard decision. I’d probably be in the save it camp for when gas prices rise again. But not having to pay for gas out of your bank account anytime is always a plus lol. And it would be more bang for your buck using it now versus later unless gas goes down a bit first.

That’s a hard decision. I’d probably be in the save it camp for when gas prices rise again. But not having to pay for gas out of your bank account anytime is always a plus lol. And it would be more bang for your buck using it now versus later unless gas goes down a bit first.
You shouldn't take a gas card.
Just get a Visa instead that way you can just drink it instead

Back