Garden Hose

Hello, my garden hose has finally given up. I live in the desert and the high heat has gotten to it. It was showing signs of breaking down inside (bubbling of the hose) and going flat when my pressure washer tried to pull water through it. What is a good recommendation for an outside hose to use that will be hooked up to a pressure washer and be used in the desert?

Thank you

If you have an Ace Hardware Store close by, they carry Craftsman brand hoses. They are the best that I’ve ever used. Their Ace Hardware Premium line is pretty good too. Both have brass connectors. Of course, you can order them online.

Well Craftsman black rubber hose is a little on the heavy side but it takes a beating and does not kink. It was guaranteed for life. Cut it a mower or run over the coupling with a car. Bring back old hose and swap for a new one. Unsure about the current warranty situation.

I also have a Flexzilla hose. Seems nice, lighter than the black rubber hoses. But it can kink but not as easy as the cheap garden hoses.

We have had good luck with the Teknor hoses. Their Zero G is lightweight and has held up quite well.

Protect your hoses from the UV rays with a cover or a box.

If you have an Ace Hardware Store close by, they carry Craftsman brand hoses. They are the best that I’ve ever used. Their Ace Hardware Premium line is pretty good too. Both have brass connectors. Of course, you can order them online.
I have not been in to an Ace store to look at Craftsman in awhile What is the warranty on the Craftsman garden hoses these days?

A Craftsman black rubber garden hose. I bought mine when I bought my house in 1994. It stays outside year round and is still nice and flexible. I'm not in the dessert but get a variety of weather here.

The key is to keep it out of the sun as much as possible. I have a hose I got at Sam's club 10yrs ago and it is still like new. It was kept out of the sun all of it's life. Still soft and doesn't kink.

I have had a lot of luck with flex type hoses that expand under pressure and collapse to nothing when the water is shut off. I guess it depends on your needs but for moderate applications it has been perfect. No more wrestling with stiff garden hoses

Attachments

• 1E26797D-64A0-4092-9710-140D774A01D4.jpeg
    1E26797D-64A0-4092-9710-140D774A01D4.jpeg
    279.8 KB · Views: 46
  • EACA88A2-325B-4521-A2B4-F49D07672CD0.jpeg
    EACA88A2-325B-4521-A2B4-F49D07672CD0.jpeg
    333.4 KB · Views: 44
Hello, so many great options! I am intrigued by that Swan hose due to it being geared to hotter climates.

Where the hose sits at my house is in the shade most of the time, but I do agree, a box or cover of some sort would be a good idea too.

You can also look for hoses that are labeled “ contractor “ or “farm” with a 400 psi pressure rating in some cases. Here are some random photos of products like that. A couple are make by Swan I believe. Theses shots were from an independent Farm/Ranch/Lumber store in my community.

AEE6A6D3-F4C8-4B8E-9CA6-B8B740A1CF65.jpegE44DBBB6-A18C-42C9-BA4E-4ECCE8158191.jpeg9C71CDEF-ED17-40A0-854F-F8AF7CE2DFC0.jpeg

Last edited:
another user of the Craftsman black rubber garden hose...as long as you don't mind heavy mine has been working fine for more than 15 years...it can kink but that is easily rectified...

Bill

I have had a lot of luck with flex type hoses that expand under pressure and collapse to nothing when the water is shut off. I guess it depends on your needs but for moderate applications it has been perfect. No more wrestling with stiff garden hoses
These are nice Hoses for certain situations.
I have a Spigot in my garage and use a Flex Type Hose there.
Makes hosing things off in front of garage very handy.
I believe on the packaging it says to, "keep out of the sun".

I like Flexzilla hoses. At first I thought, Oh Boy, another gimmick hose...........but after 3 years use - we even moved our hoses to the new place, that is how much we love them. Needed some more hoses for the new place so bought a couple crappy Lowe's sale specials............wow they suck. Going to order some more Flexzilla hoses, just bought one.......OK $100 is a lot of dough for a hose.......

EDIT - I do have a black Craftsman, great in warm, stiff as a whatever when cold. Flexzilla for the win.

Last edited:
Back