fumoto valve

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure where to post this. anyone use the fumoto valve to make oil changes a bit easier? any problems, such as valve opening while driving? tks all

Before you get a buttload of [censored], use the "Search" feature on this site at the top. You may not hear the end of it if you don't.

Best thing since sliced bread. The valve has no chance to open on its own...there are wire type hose clamps that will give you some extra peace of mind. Concerned about hitting something that knocks the valve loose or off? Probably would be the least of your worries if you hit something at the crankcase. What would be the chances that the valve would be the only thing that got hit?

Very happy with mine. There's a spring that keeps tension on it, and I've never had a leak. I can change oil w/out tools or jacking up the car now (tight squeeze but I can just reach the filter).

Also I prefer using google to search BITOG. In the search bar type:

Code:

site:bobistheoilguy.com fumoto valve

I've been a truck mechanic for years, and the most common valve I install / see on a day to day basis is a fumoto. I worked on a few kenworths that had them installed at the dealer and have over a million miles on them without any issues!

I still like the way oil exiting the engine and pan....in fast mode with the removal of the drain plug.

The Fumoto, though I'm not knocking the valve, drains the oil at a much slower pace rather than the fast fury of the oil pan plug removal.

For me, the draining of oil should be important to get as much grit out as fast as possible.

The other thing that has not been answered is....

How far into the oil pan does the fumoto valve extend?
With any extensions into the oil pan, IMO,.... a small pool of grit and oil will remain and not drain since the valve has extended into the base of the pan.

The Fumoto valve seems like a great product however, I personally, like the rapid fury of the oil exiting the oil pan.

Originally Posted By: SaturnIonVue
Best thing since sliced bread. The valve has no chance to open on its own...there are wire type hose clamps that will give you some extra peace of mind. Concerned about hitting something that knocks the valve loose or off? Probably would be the least of your worries if you hit something at the crankcase. What would be the chances that the valve would be the only thing that got hit?

There is definitely a chance it can get open ;\

I still use it on all of my vehicles, great valve but can be a potential hazard depending on the car/location of the valve.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=151894&Number=2225086

This thread may give me the push I need to get one. I've just been a scardy cat about getting one because of thinking worst case.

I won't get one after seeing a yellow paint mark on the oil pan of my wife's car
shocked2.gif

I don't know what she ran over...but it was yellow.

Originally Posted By: Doog
I won't get one after seeing a yellow paint mark on the oil pan of my wife's car
shocked2.gif

I don't know what she ran over...but it was yellow.

That's been my concern. :lol:

The older I get the simpler I like things overall. The fumoto valve does just that. Cleanup is a breeze, no more fishing for the oil drain plug/washer. Its just soo convenient. Implemented it on all my vehicles & friends Subaru.

Considering the ground clearance of my OB, I am not concerned about it being hit by something.

When I have removed one in the past, less than 3/4 cup of oil came out, which is an insignificant amount for my 5 quart sump, in my opinion.

Only issue I have had on the 60,000 miles or so I have had it, is the crush washer it came with has started to weep slightly. Not enough to drip, even when the car sits for days at a time, but enough to make the plug area slightly damp with oil.

If I can figure out the exact thread pitch of the drain hole, is there a place on the internet, you can send me the right fumoto valve?

Love the fumoto. Never had a problem and I've used them for over 300k miles of driving.

Very happy with mine. I had a leak in a newly-installed valve a few weeks ago but found it was under-tightened.

I had one on my last truck for 11 years with zero issues and I just ordered another one for my "new" 4R last night. Well built. I get the one that has a nipple so I can attach a hose to it so there won't be any splatter. I ordered through Amazon and got free shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back