FRAM Ultra's Not Sealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best time for me to shop at my local WM is either very late at night or early am. I went at 1 am this morning.
The auto section stock girl was putting out oil and filters. I noticed the FU 3600's were not sealed/taped. I looked in the very back of the stock and there were a few in the older packaging, sealed. I asked her about it but she did not know and stated she only stocks the shelves.
I left my phone in my truck so I could not take any pics.
Interesting.
confused2.gif

I always take a look at the filter before purchasing. Even smell the inside of it, lol. You never know what your going to get.

Some time ago I asked Allison Transmission why their OEM spin on filters were not sealed in plastic and why the aftermarket ones were. They said they had a measurable amount of transmission failures from a small piece of plastic blocking the internals of the transmissions. When they looked at it further they decided the plastic is where someone poked a pen or sharp object through the center of the aftermarket filter and the piece of plastic fell in before installation.

Now I'm blindly responding here not knowing if the Fram's you are talking about have sealed boxes or sealed, wrapped in plastic, filters like the Allison aftermarkets ones so YMMV.

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
I always take a look at the filter before purchasing. Even smell the inside of it, lol. You never know what your going to get.

Ha ha! I do exactly the same thing!

Originally Posted By: c502cid
Now I'm blindly responding here not knowing if the Fram's you are talking about have sealed boxes or sealed, wrapped in plastic, filters like the Allison aftermarkets ones so YMMV.

The Ultra box has a round, clear sealing tape just over the flap of the top of the box. The filter inside is not sealed at all.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: c502cid

The Ultra box has a round, clear sealing tape just over the flap of the top of the box. The filter inside is not sealed at all.

Ooops, sorry. What he said. ^^^^^^
smile.gif

FRAM does this to keep people from swapping out the FU for the better filters, like MC.
27.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
FRAM does this to keep people from swapping out the FU for the better filters, like MC.
27.gif

Dude? ...
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back