Fram Ultra fail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dlundblad

So this was a case of the consumer being negligent and not looking an item over before purchase, AND before installing it on their car?

That's good stuff.

You sound like an defense attorney in a rape case there.
grin.gif

A lot of the cartridge style FRAMs are built in China.

All my OCOD's for my Camrys are hecho en los Estados Unidos though.

I don't think any attorney is going to defend someone who claimed they raped themselves and wanted to prosecute themselves.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: SilverC6

So this was a case of the consumer being negligent and not looking an item over before purchase, AND before installing it on their car?

That's good stuff.

grin.gif

Huh?
confused.gif

I think everyone has seen that one all you have to do is type in fram ultra and it comes up...The only thing i saw is him shaking and twisting the filter. I could not see if it was dented but it he claimed he took it off in 4800 miles. I don't know what to think i looked at a few ultras and they all looked nicely built. They build millions of those filters and i don't see their failures all over the web. Maybe the ocod but not the ultra.

grin.gif

Huh?
confused.gif

Blame the consumer (victim) for the filter being defective.

Blame the victim (consumer) for the filter being defective.

I do not think that dlundblad was blaming the consumer for the filter being defective, but as stating as I did they used a "broken" filter out of the box. It was dented and therefore the leaf spring was likely dislodged before it was ever placed on the vehicle. A dropped filter is hardly FRAM's or any other manufacturer's fault.

grin.gif

Huh?
confused.gif

Blame the consumer (victim) for the filter being defective.

It appeared to me it was damaged before installation. As stated before, how is this Fram's fault?

And somehow this sounds like me defending a rapist? Unbelievable.

^^^ You know how far off track of reality some of the Fram haters are.
eek.gif

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
This was posted months ago and that filter was dropped by the OP or by someone before he received it and the spring was dislodged or broken. I was always shake my filters for this reason before installing them. I might be flamed, but one filter with an issue is hardly a reason to be concerned. This would be the 3rd or 4th Ultra that has failed as compared to how many of the other brands?

That's how I remember it too ... that the dent was difficult to see because it was underneath the grippy material on the dome-end of the filter, and the leaf spring failed as a result of the dent/the impact that caused the dent. I wouldn't call this a FRAM Ultra failure in this case because this was damage caused by someone dropping the filter in the store or somewhere else.

^^^ Just to add a note, I'm not saying it was the OP's fault either, because if the dent was already there when he bought it, he wasn't able to see it due to it being a small dent that was under the grippy material on the dome-end of the filter. If the filter came from the factory damaged, then that's different ... but there is no way to know this for sure. This kind of situation is a little sticky because the grippy material can make it difficult to detect small dents; that is, it makes it more difficult to avoid the installation of a filter with a small dent on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back