Fram, Purolator, STP, which one is good!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by 01rangerxl:
The TG is a nice filter. It is cheaper than the P1 and has better construction (pleats glued in place, thick gaskets, usually more pleats).

I bet this is the only time someone would say something like that about Fram. It seems weird to recommend a Fram product over a P1.

Purolator PureOne. Most dirt that enters your engine enters through the intake side. Doesn't it make sense to buy the best air filter you can find? Few bucks more, but PureOnes filter better and last longer and are becoming readily available. Best on the shelf filter I have found! Good Luck

Filters better and lasts longer than what? TG or regular paper? Do you have proof?

A P1 does filter better than a plain paper filter in my experience, but the overall construction didn't blow me away.

Put aside anti-Fram bias next time you are in Wal-Mart and take a look at the TGs...then tell me if you still think the P1 is the best filter out there.
wink.gif

I have never and will not buy a Fram oil filter, but they did do a good job with the TG air filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back