Fram FE3600 - 20k miles -6 months

I used to have a 110mile/6day commute. I do not miss it. Back in those days I was using Amsoil stuff at 15k intervals. Analysis said I could of went further.

Thanks for the CnP
I don't mind the driving, though burning $400/month in a Corolla is a little aggravating lol. My job pays well and they are very flexible with my schedule which is very hard to find, and invaluable when you have a kid. I've considered Amsoil SS, just haven't convinced myself to run oil that long (although there is a mountain of data showing that it should be alright).

I don't mind the driving, though burning $400/month in a Corolla is a little aggravating lol. My job pays well and they are very flexible with my schedule which is very hard to find, and invaluable when you have a kid. I've considered Amsoil SS, just haven't convinced myself to run oil that long (although there is a mountain of data showing that it should be alright).
Look into it. Plenty of fine oils that be ran that long. Just make sure to have it analyzed to be sure. Factor all the costs in and see if it works out for you. Nothing wrong with your current regimen.

Sorry it took so long everyone. This was the first filter I'd ever removed the media from, so the cuts are not as clean as I'd have liked. Also, that mesh is tough and hard to cut through. I don't own a vice to squeeze the oil out, so I folded the media and rolled over it with my toolbox a few times. I did not see any shiny debris on the media or my glove during/after. The filter media and mesh measured 35".
Thanks for the dried media images. The filter media looks fairly loaded but not compromised to make it to 25k miles if you decided to push further, nice.

Back