Found some discounted Pennzoil Ultra at Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtd

I was at our local Walmart today and saw on one of the clearance racks 5 five quart jugs of Pennzoil Ultra for $21. It was 5W-20 and was the older SM GL4 version. They also had some 5W-20 and 5W-30 in the quart bottles for $5 each. I was thinking of buying some for my 2014 Mustang but I think it specs a GL5 oil so I passed.

I remember when they had the discounted jugs on a shelf in the middle of the floor and when it disappeared, I thought they had sold it all. I guess not. The shelf they are on now is not that noticeable and is why I must have missed it all of this time.

Wayne

I found one quart bottle of PU 10w-30 for $5 at my local Wally World last summer, sitting on a discount shelf full of automotive odds & ends. My 3 local Walmarts regularly have the 5qt jugs of PU for $21 if you order it on line with the "Site to Store" option. None of the 3 Walmarts near me stock PU on the shelf, but they seem to be able to get it within half a day if you order Site to Store. It's a good deal, because PP is regularly stocked at about $3 more than PU for the 5qt jug.

Originally Posted By: wtd
I was at our local Walmart today and saw on one of the clearance racks 5 five quart jugs of Pennzoil Ultra for $21. It was 5W-20 and was the older SM GL4 version. They also had some 5W-20 and 5W-30 in the quart bottles for $5 each. I was thinking of buying some for my 2014 Mustang but I think it specs a GL5 oil so I passed.

I remember when they had the discounted jugs on a shelf in the middle of the floor and when it disappeared, I thought they had sold it all. I guess not. The shelf they are on now is not that noticeable and is why I must have missed it all of this time.

Wayne

Wait, are we talking about gear lube or motor oil? You mentioned 5w20 & 5w30, but also said GL-4 & GL-5...

I did mean GF, just hit the wrong key. I'm talking Motor oil. They had both 5W-20 and 5W-30 in the quart bottles but just 5W-20 in the jugs.

Wayne

I saw 5w20 in the Plaistow, NH Wally. Tempted to try the most true synthetic synthetic out there in the FIT. I love the Valvoline but ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back