found another source for GC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in a Smyth Automotive today, looking for a hard to find size Torx wrench, when I happened to walk past the oil shelves. I noticed some Syntec 0w-30 and thought it was the USA made stuff that's been showing up lately. I looked at the date code on the bottom and it was 04. The USA oil I've seen has all had an 01 date code. Looking at the back of the bottle, there it was, "Made in Germany". This is apparently the green GC.
They only had 5 bottles, but said that they could get more in from the other stores. Apparently they've carried this for quite a while and I never knew it. I'm not sure if they can order more, but most of their stores at least have some in stock.
They're located only in Columbus, Dayton & Cincinnati Ohio areas and Northern Kentucky, as far as I know.
For those of you in these areas who have been looking for GC, this may be your last chance.
$5.99/bottle.
smile.gif

i hate to open the can of worms, but what is the big diff between German and the USA version?
aren't they both 0W-30???

IIRC from reading the USA made 0w30 is a completely different formula and isnt any where near the oil the german stuff is.

A3 and BMW LL-01 are my main concerns, and they are not found on the USA stuff.

Has anyone ever tried the Castrol Kwick Lube places? Seems to me that they might carry it, at a steep price though!

Harrydog:

with all due respect, why'd you have to go and give up my source?
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back