Ford 4.6 V8 Gasoline engine first oil analysis

Hello!
This is my first time getting an oil analysis from a cat dealer.
It seems they did not test for TBN but did for oxidation and nitration, soot and sulfur, (So im not sure if those are helpful)
The car had Shell Gas Truck and SUV 5w20 and ran it for 7000 miles and 30 hours of idle
Any insight?
Did i push the oil to far? (not sure if its possible to tell with out the TBN reading)
Thank you!
Cat Oil analysis 04042024 Ford 4.6_Page_1.jpg
Cat Oil analysis 04042024 Ford 4.6_Page_2.jpg

2.1 ppm/1000mi Fe is normal for a modular engine. Blackstone universal average is 15ppm for ~4700 miles. This ran for 7000 miles.

Overall I think this a great report. TBN would have been helpful to see if you could extend further.
Ok. I've got a supercharged 2V 5.4 and a supercharged 5.8 4V mod motor and my iron levels aren't ever that high per mile. I wouldn't have figured the NA versions to have less iron wear per mile but I do know that my internal parts are not the same as the NA versions.

Hello!
This is my first time getting an oil analysis from a cat dealer.
It seems they did not test for TBN but did for oxidation and nitration, soot and sulfur, (So im not sure if those are helpful)
The car had Shell Gas Truck and SUV 5w20 and ran it for 7000 miles and 30 hours of idle
Any insight?
Did i push the oil to far? (not sure if its possible to tell with out the TBN reading)
Thank you! View attachment 212302View attachment 212301
Dave33X1
This report looks excellent
I have a lot of experience with these modular motors, 5.4L 2v, and current 5.4L 3v
I would like to see a report that included TBN, and as thastinger suggest above I would run 5w-30 Oil
I look forward to your next report, and thanks for sharing

There are a lot of things that can contribute to increased wear on a PPM/per mile basis. My friend has a 2007 F-150 FX4 with the 5.4 3v Triton. If he drives that truck consistently and doesn't run it hard or tow, the Fe wear has been as low as 7 PPM in 7k miles. He only puts 5k or so a year on it now I think and in a recent UOA the iron was up to 20. It bounces around based on how it's used. Could be the same here. Either way, 15 PPM in 7k is light years away from an issue.

Back