Foods you loved that make you gag now

As I've gotten older I cannot stand the smell of ham. It tastes yummy but the smell is downright disgusting to me now.

Used to like fried baloney sandwichs - or with mueller's elbows and cheese. It doesn't taste good anymore. I bet it's the baloney that changed for the worse. Used to slice them in the skillet, then they looked like PAC-MAN - way before PAC-MAN. Maybe PAC-MAN is fried baloney!

Also not liking Ketchup much on anything. Missing S.S. Pierce restaurant pack stuff maybe. Heinze is garbage now.

Also beef grilling is starting to turn my stomach. That used to be one of those great Summer whiffs along with fresh mowed grass and two-stroke boat engine exhaust burbling out from a pond.

I used to like breaded cutlets. I can still eat a CFS, a schnitzel, katsu, etc but what I no longer can stomach are thickly breaded chicken pieces. Think KFC bucket. I find that now completely repugnant.

True enough

But anything fried that smells of linseed oil. Gaggggggg
Rapeseed oil makes for a tough varnish, including inside the human circulatory system. I kinda like the smell. Sort of like the Mona Lisa. Linseed oil, like walnut oil, is a drying oil which makes a great base for oil oaint and it's what DaVinci used.

I started cooking that ground beef and couldn't finish it. It smelled so bad. Store bought ground beef is just horrible.
Many decades ago, started my first real job in a grocery store meat department. One of my jobs was grinding meat for hamburger. After that experience I started grinding my own. So much better than store bought, no comparison.
I usually do 75% beef and 25% pork mix. Costco beef mixed with boneless loin chops.

Back