Foods you loved that make you gag now

Pew

Anybody notice that when they got older, certain foods you loved make you want to gag now? Like I love pork and still do but the smell of it cooking makes me sick now.

When we went vegan for a while, the smell of cooking any meat, made me nauseous.
Eating a small morsel would make me sick for hours.

Now we're back to eating anything and everything.
(y)

When we went vegan for a while, the smell of cooking any meat, made me nauseous.
Eating a small morsel would make me sick for hours.

Now we're back to eating anything and everything.
(y)

I hear that alot from folks who went vegetarian/vegan as well. Is that a common thing to occur?

I hear that alot from folks who went vegetarian/vegan as well. Is that a common thing to occur?
Seems like it.
After slowly introducing meat back into the diet, it just takes a while for your body to product the enzymes/bacteria to break it down.
Once that happens, you start to crave those meats that used to make you sick.

The human body is an amazing machine.

I used to like a little oregano on liver sausage. Oregano has made me retch for 20 years. I'll have marjoram instead, thank you.

^^We need a new prohibited category....No RSP and GV....... gratuitous vileness.

In response to the OP, Junk foods are in the distant past.
"Good" junk foods are still tempting -they don't make me gag, per se- but 'no more'.

Sweet potatoes. Used to love them as a kid but can’t eat them now. Now I can do baked potatoes which I couldn’t stand as a kid. Kinda funny change haha.

I can't think of anything that would make me gag.
There are obviously some things we prefer, but we are omnivores and will eat pretty much anything.
There are some local delicacies that seem a little strange, like chicken feet or lamb's eyes or lungs, but I'd try them given that if they weren't any good then people wouldn't eat them.

Popcorn. Liked it a kid, except for those popcorn balls they handed out on Halloween. Never was a fan of those.
Now I hate even the smell of popcorn.

This is reversed but lima beans made me gag as a kid but the dog loved them...... :D However, I like them now. Go figure?

I think any kind of boiled meat is getting to me. The smell of it cooking them makes me sick now.

Marjoram always tasted like soap to me

When I was a kid I liked canned mushrooms on pizza! Yikes.
I loved chicken and dumplings when I was a kid, now it seems kind of gross
Agree with the banana comment. I really kinda gag on bananas.
Pudding now is pretty disgusting (USA pudding, not Brit Brit puddings)
Frosted animal cookies
Frozen taquitos

A bit off-topic: Hoisin sauce made me gag when I was a kid. Now I merely dislike it but will eat a dish that has some on it if I'm in invited at my friend's house. As long as they don't serve chicken feet I'm good.

Marjoram always tasted like soap to me

When I was a kid I liked canned mushrooms on pizza! Yikes.
I loved chicken and dumplings when I was a kid, now it seems kind of gross
Agree with the banana comment. I really kinda gag on bananas.
Pudding now is pretty disgusting (USA pudding, not Brit Brit puddings)
Frosted animal cookies
Frozen taquitos
Maybe you got that backwards. I think you may have been eating soap that had marjoram oil added as a fragrance. Marjoram oil is a common ingredient in soap because of its antibacterial properties that help with pit funk. That reminds of bad goat I ate. Tasted like ripe armpit spiced with thyme, rosemary, and cumin. 🐐

Back